Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chi, Rex is 6 months old and he has lost 2 teeth that i have found..... i have been keeping an eye on his teeth and now his top teethe where i thought there are supposed to be two have four teeth there. They look zigzagged and his bottom teeth are growing next to his baby teeth it looks like..... are the baby teeth supposed to be coming out?!?! Sorry if this seems complicated.... it is hard to explain!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
He is just going through his teething stage. Most Chi's will lose their baby teeth and it is not unusual to find them on the floor. If you are concerned you may want to let your Vet look at him. :)

sandra
www.chloescustomharness.com

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
its very very common for the vet to have to remove the teeth that are not falling out on their own. My boy had two taken out and still has one baby tooth (but no adult tooth under) and my girl had to have 5 taken out....when you neuter your dog they can do it then but you should do that soon :wave:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
SunnyFLMum said:
So how do you know they lost a tooth?

Getting Giz to show me his mouth is a task....
I haven't noticed any teeth loose, or lost...or seen any teeth around...

"Gizmo are you teething yet"?....HEHEHEHE :D
Sometimes the only way you can tell is by their behavior.
I only found a couple of each of my girls teeth. I don't know if they swallow them or they get vaccuumed up.
The new teeth are bigger than the old ones and not quite as sharp as the puppy teeth. You might just have to look and feel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts