Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Bago is 3months and every time we play he just want's to bite my finger's constantly, his teeth are pretty sharp too....is this a normal thing for puppies, will it go away? I even got this spray stuff to make them not want to bite things and I found that he loves it and it attract's him more.....tell me this is normal and he'll eventually stop. I even stop playing with him sometimes so that he will know that it is not good to bite but he always does it..........

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I think its just a puppy thing do you have any toys you use during play time with your chi? maybe a rope bone or something for him to bite on would be a good idea for you whie hes going through the biting stage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
teething/bitting

yes I did forget to mention he has a WHOLE BUNCH of toy's!!! Lot's of chew toy's little bones every little thing I could find at Petco....!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
It is a puppy thing but it can go on into adult hood if you dont stop it. i tell say owwwwwww. mine no bite and pull my hand away and wont look at them if they refuse to stop after a week of that. when any of my furbabies did that even through the years with larger dogs. i will take their upper lip and roll under apply pressure to their teeth and say NO bite! after one time of that they stop never do it again

·
Registered
530 Posts
When he bites just "Yelp" really loud, then cross you're arms and look away, it'll let him know that he's hurting you. That usually works. You want to teach him not to bite now so you don't have problems later.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Janiesbabe that is a wonderful idea I wil have to try that with Gadget because I have tried everything and he still wants to chew on me.. the funny thing is that he only does it when I am lying in bed at night and he gets frisky..

he does this cute little mom I want to play bark and then chews on my chin... It is cute but man does it hurt... I have been trying to break him of this for ever.. it seems like everytime I tell him no and give him a chew toy he comes back for more... Hope he grows out of this.. Not his cute little bark but the chewing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts