Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious -- when did everyone's pups teeth?

Trigger was early, he was full on into it by 4.5 months, but didn't finish until about 6.5 - 7 months.

Bryco has lost most of his upper & lower incisors and most of the adult ones are in, this happened around 5 months...but he just now, at 6.5 months, is cutting his upper canines. This seems a little late. Other than the incisors, no molars, premolars, etc. have really started errupting until now.

The vet told us teething is DONE by 6 months...but ??

Any idea why his are so late coming in? I am 100% certain of his age.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Maisies STILL teething and she'll be 9 months in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I think I told you this but Marley didn't START until he was a good 6-7mo old. And he basically finished when they took his last ones out when he was neutered at 11mo. Some I think develop at different rates. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Daisy was the same as bryco She finished teething at 8 months I knew coz death breath stopped
"Death breath"? I've just noticed Harry's breath is less than sweet, for the first time, just in the past few days. Could it be something to do with him teething then?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Halle started teething probably around 5 months and still had some baby teeth after her spay at 7 months. I remember at one point being worried that she would have to be put under again because at about 8 months she had both canines in one spot! (the adult and the baby, side by side) Luckily it did fall out around 9-10 months :p

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Death breath"? I've just noticed Harry's breath is less than sweet, for the first time, just in the past few days. Could it be something to do with him teething then?
Their breath is often pretty rank when they are teething...there's more bacteria present due to the whole process and thus the icky smell--it does stop when they finish teething as long as you keep their mouths clean and teeth cared for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts