Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I change what Stinky eats for now? He has no lower teeth...well, just molars and fangs..but that's it...and his top ones are still small...He's on dry food right now..and I noticed he's not eating as much...what do u guys recomend I should do??

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I might suggest that you try giving him some soft food, maybe mix it up with the dry one(little bites).
(I remember that when Stella was little and wasn't able to eat dry food, the vet told us to add some water to the dry food to make it softer and easier to chew.)

·
Registered
889 Posts
zoey stopped wanting to eat for a while when she was teething too. we ended up putting some low sodium chicken/beef broth on it to soften it up and give it some more flavor and she gobbled it down.

you could also pretend that each piece of food is a treat. make him do a trick and if he does it, give him a piece of food. he will probably be very excited and not even notice that the "treat" is actually pieces of food. it will take you a while to feed him each meal but i think it's worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts