Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Callie is now 4 months old and she has started stealing EVERYTHING to chew on. Just today I've caught her with my lip gloss, my water bottle, my brush, my phone and anything else she can get her little paws on. Could she have started teething already?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I may be wrong, but doesn't teething occur before they get teeth, like a human baby? I think the chewing is just a puppy thing, does your baby have enough toys? My baby was with my sister for two months before I got him when he was four months, and he loved to chew on everything, but, when we got him home he quit. Now he only chews on his toys. My suggestion, get a variety of chew toys and try to keep stuff he might like off the floor. That is all I can suggest. I hope I was able to help, if not, hopefully someone will have some words of wisdom for you.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D Chi's grow BABY TEETH too and after that teething is what happens when they start to lose them.. :D Elizabeth, I would say yeah..she probably started teething..Stinky started like 1-2 months ago (at 5 months)..and I finally found out the painful way..i was walking barefoot :evil: During that time he chewed up almost all his toys...not like normal chewing but chew till it breaks chewing...so more chewing that usual for sure is a sign.. :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
yes shes started teeting - it can happen anytime from, 4 months plus - her ears mayd start to droop aswell so if that happens dont worry they will come back up - you need to get her lots of things to chew on to save your furniture lol :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I would reccomend edible chews that are fairly long lasting - can puppys have greenies ? as they would be good - I use to give ozzy these different coloured stick which looked like oats all rolled together :D if you know what I mean - or cold carrot stick would be kind on her teeth

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SHE LOVES GREENIES! lol I have an economy sized bag for her stocking. I never thought about a cold carrot! I'm going to freeze a wash cloth too (thats what mom does for her yellow lab) Now I have to start looking for teeth! Hopefully I can find a couple to keep.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Just remember if she eats the greenies and edible chews she is NOT going to eat as much food!

My 2 will eat a greenie in a day and then will not eat their dinner. So I don't give them greenies every day. The edible chews are not as bad, they don't seem to go through them as fast. BUT still don't eat as much food as normal.
Just want you to expect her to not eat as much if you give them to her.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I recently read about something to help with the teething. Take one of the small puppy Kongs™ ahd plug the small hole with a blob of peanut butter. Turn it upright and fill it with chicken broth or sugar water. Set it upright in the freezer. After it's frozen give it top the pup.

Sounds like a good thing!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, I stand corrected :)
Pip lost his baby teeth by six months, but his chewing stopped after four (well, the bad chewing). Maybe he just had enough toys so we didn't notice. He is so cute though, his ears still flop at times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts