Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this forum and joined so I could get your opinion on a health issue Lulu was going through a couple a weeks ago. She's well now, but she is still doing something--or should I say NOT doing something--that started with that illness. I would like to know what ya'll think. She is 4 yrs old this month and all her life she has slept under the cover all night long. I mean deep sleep as in someone could break in and come in our room and she would not hear them sound asleep under the cover. Now she will NOT sleep under the cover at all. We turn the heat down at night because we are under the covers and she was waking us up halfway through the night and I figured out she was cold, so I turned heat up. I have put her bed in the bed with us and she is now sleeping through the night sometimes in the bed--sometimes not, but never under cover. I worry that maybe something has happened and she can't breathe under the cover any more. Do they just change out of the blue? Should I not worry and go with the flow? Has anyone else gone through this with an older chi? Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lily would always sleep in her bed with a cosy cover like a duvet all of a sudden she's sleeping under my bed on a cushion,don't ask my why even when it's cold she doesn't go in her bed.I just leave her to do her own thing

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just like people, she may change for no reason and just let her do her thing. She has always had a little wheeze which I kinda thought was a chi trait, but I worried that she might be getting worse and couldn't breathe under the cover and I should have her checked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maisy used to sleep under her blankets, and she suddenly decided she didn't want to anymore. I think they change just like humans do. If she's anything like my chi, she'll let you know if she's cold.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
dexter is turnin 4 in aug and has always been random sleeper. sumtimes he sleeps under the cover with me...other times he sleeps on the cover even if hes cold...all curled up...other tomes i just put his bed on my chair by the bed and he sleeps on there..like rite now im freezin and hes here sleepin on his bed. i wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wouldn't worry either. Sky sleeps under the covers or sometimes likes to lay on me and over the cover and sometimes she is more comfy in her bed.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I would agree, you shouldn't be worried about that.
They know how they feel, if they want to snuggle with their blankie, they will and if not they are probably more comfortable without at that point.
Just keep the blanket there in case she does want to sleep under it.
Mine have no rhyme or reason as to where they will sleep, it can be anywhere really and sometimes in very uncomfortable positions lol

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all of you! It makes me feel good to know others go through the same things so there's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a heated dog bed from amazon that my girls love! It doesn't get very hot but I think it keeps them comfortable when the weather gets chilly (north central florida can get cold!) so that's always an option :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts