Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy is of 44 days and he revieved his firat shots 2 days back...he is fine and plats and eats...but whenever i take his temperature its above 99 degrees..like ranging from 99 to 100 or 100.2,not more than that...is this normal?
And how much a puppy of his age should ne sleeping so i dont confuse it with lethargy

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Most dogs temperature is around 101 degrees. This is a rectal temperature. If you are taking the temperature another way, then it may be lower. I had a chihuahua that ran 'high' as in 103 when she was at the vets. Fortunately, she never had a real illness that raised her temp any higher.

As for sleeping, this is a real baby and he will sleep more than a grown dog. Much more! Puppies usually have two 'speeds'---one full on and suddenly they just 'crash' and have a nap! All normal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep i agree on the sleeping part...im taking the rectal temperature,but sometimes he moves so maybe that's why reading error...or is it that as he is still a 6 week old puppy,he is learning to regulate his temp...as i read somewhere that puppies learn and increase their temp as they grow older

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I think that temperature is fine. If that is his normal temp, then you know if you get a temp of 102, maybe he is not feeling well. I don't think puppies 'learn to regulate' their temperature. Nature takes care of that! That being said, yes puppies shiver if they are cold, and pant when they are too warm, but that is normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think in such cases you should go to the vet to see if the dog has any health problems because most likely this is the reason. I had such a case and for a week my dog was very strange and I did not know what to do to make him happy. After we went to the vet he found some problems and recommended dog dental water additives, which we bought the same day from 🥇10 Best Water Additive for Dogs Teeth to Buy in (April 2021) - Buyer’s Guide. After two days of consumption, the condition of my dog radical began to change for the better and that made me extremely happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think in such cases you should go to the vet to see if the dog has any health problems because most likely this is the reason. I had such a case and for a week my dog was very strange and I did not know what to do to make him happy. After we went to the vet he found some problems and recommended dog dental water additives, which we bought the same day from 🥇10 Best Water Additive for Dogs Teeth to Buy in (April 2021) - Buyer’s Guide. After two days of consumption, the condition of my dog radical began to change for the better and that made me extremely happy.
Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts