Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask a quick question about clothing and temperatures..... i live in abu dhabi and im getting my chi in 5 days. i wanted to ask what kind of temperature should it be for the chi to need clothes? at the moment its about 27 degrees centigrade. is this ok? it goes down to about 15/ 16 at night. i dont want the little guy to be cold.
thanks

p.s. are there any specific toys that i should get?
am i best to walk the little guy soon after bringing him home?
how many times do i need to stop on the car journey home? the journey will be about 1 hour 30mins.

sorry to ask i feel like a total idiot!
xxx

·
Registered
454 Posts
The temp sounds fine. The pup should be warm enough without clothes though at night I would make sure he has a blanket or something to snuggle in if he feels chilly.

My girls like small stuffed animals. Particularly ones that squeak. Every chi is different though so buy what you like and your pup will let you know how much fun it is.

I wouldn't walk your pup unless he has been fully vaccinated. Keep him in areas that are uncontaminated by other animals until you are sure that he has had all of the vaccines he needs. I use potty pads for the first few weeks if it is cold out or keep them in my yard only.

You shouldn't need to stop in that long of a car trip. We brought ours home ranging in time from 2-3 hours and stopped once during the 3 hour trips and not at all during the 2 hour trip and everyone was fine with no accidents.

Congrats on the new Chi!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My chi likes one squeeking long legged monkey animal. Most chis are cold natured and my chi likes to always be on my lap under a blanket. She sleeps with me under the blankets.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
were in summer here and have been getting temps for the past few days of late 30's to 40 degrees Celsius, when I take Izzy into my loungeroom which is aircon and set to 23 degrees celsius she shivers. but I have not put clothes on her yet, but she is always in her blanket, (when she isnt running in the pen screaming and howling working her self up into a sweat lol

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I think they like to be warm, especially the babies. I would walk him as soon as you can , to get him accustomed to walking on the lead. It took my dog a while to get going.

Congratulation on your new pup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts