Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I don't even know how to begin this email, other than to say, my Keely has been rehomed (almost 3 weeks now).

It was the hardest decision I've ever made, and the reason I haven't posted is because I have been in a pretty serious depression. I didn't think for a second it would be this bad.

I know it was the best thing to do, and she simply loved this couple, who drove for 5 hrs just to see her. I couldn't even tell her goodbye, I felt like an evil person, cause when she was leaving I could see her looking at me, as if to say, 'Mom, where are they taking me?'.

I am so heartbroken, I cry when I see the spot where her bed used to be.

Strangely enough, she seems to have settled in perfectly with her new family. She was timid at first, but soon got into the swing of things (which hurts me too).

I still really love this site though and hope it would be okay for me to hang around.

Thanks guys
Stacy

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
hey stacy ,

ofcourse you can hang around........you are one of the chi-people :wink: !!!
i'm sorry you had to rehome keely, i bet that must be so hard, you feel like you've failed, but you've actually done the right thing . if tequila is happy then you have to be happy too. i hope your worries can fade now and you can feel better.

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Oh, goodness, that must have been hard for you... {{BIG HUGS}} And of course you can hang around!! We share a common bond, we Chi-People, and that's our love of Chis! :lol: So please stay and post. We want you here!!

Lots of Love,
Jackie :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
This has to be one of the toughest decisions of your life but I remember all of the posts about your struggles with her. You made the right decision and I'm sure Tequila will do great in her new home. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
((hugs)) i agree, you have to stay you bring a lot to the forum.

i'm so sorry you are so sad. i felt like that when i had to bring my pit to the spca. i cried so hard and it didn't help that the people at the front weren't very nice about it, they didn't know why i was bringing him there, they jsut seen another "dumped dog." but we do what we know in our hearts is right. i was pregnant when i had to leave freeze and i stressed myself out so much with depression i had to go on bed rest for 2 weeks. so i know what you feel like right now. if you need to talk pm me.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
awww SDtacey I hope you stay around and just cos tequilla didnt fit in your family it doesnt mean the next chi wont they are all so different :wave:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I can't imagine how hard this must be for you! I was trying to put myself in your position pretending that I had to give up Cooper and seeing him drive away with his new home and I could start crying just imagining this. I am so sorry for you. I hope your pain will ease in time, just know you did the right thing for keeley and your family.

thoughts,
Meg

·
Registered
763 Posts
I had to give up my sky and I still miss her. she wouldnt make up with my husband and all she would do is growl and almost scream everytime he came into the house. It was getting on everyones nerves in the house, I was even going to have her debarked. I sent her to stay elsewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts