Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since its after midnight its today :wink:
We are leaving in about 7 hours to go to Chicago for the national chihuahua races sponcered by petco and royal canin. IT should be tons of fun. I borrowed my familys camera so I will have tons of cute pics to show you all later :D
Wish Tequila luck!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
have fun and good luck, im debating taking vixie for the one in NY just for the hell of it...let us know how it goes

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG that was so much fun!!!!

The dog park was beautiful!! I swear there was about 100 chihuahua's there. We got there early and got into the 7th race. They put the chis in starting boxes and the owners sit at the finish line.
Tequila did not see me and ran off the course trying to find me....lol!!!! Thats okay, I didnt really go for her to win. It was so awesome seeing so many chi's in one place. They all got along which was great. Tequila had so much fun playing with all of them. I have tons of pics but I cannot post them until I get home...but I will post them tonight in the Chi pics section.

There was one bummer to our day...this stupid woman came with her rottie and let him off leash....when today the rules clearly stated all dogs had to be leashed because of the number of dogs in the park. She let her rottie run around and the dog started attacking the chihuahuas!!!!!! :shock: People kept asking her to leash her dog and she told them to "go to h*ll....I can keep him off leash if I want to" and started to laugh when her dog would attack the chi's. Thankfully I saw what was going on from a distance and picked up Tequila. Police were called and she was escourted out...she was not happy! She was cursing at us chi owners and insulting us, but when the police showed up she became very quiet. I swear some people are so ignorant. But thankfully no dogs were hurt and she was kicked out pretty fast. It definately didnt ruin the day. I did snap a pic of her so I will also post that :wink:

All in all it was a great day, perfect weather, tons of cool chi owners to talk to, and I got a bunch of free stuff...a chi race teeshirt, a free bag of Royal Canin, and I got to play with a LOT of chi's.

foxywench - I would definately go to the NY one....it was sooooo much fun!!!!!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Oh man, that sounds like the best time! I'd give anything to see 100 chi's in action. It must've looked like a herd of stampeding... chi's. :lol:

That woman must've been a mental case. What rational person would do that??? Thank goodness none of the chi's were hurt.

Can't wait to see pics!!! :blob: :blob4: :blob7: :blob8:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts