Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that my Aunt Linda has Ovarian Cancer. She goes in this Thursday to see how far along the cancer is. I am so sick to my stomach just thinking about this. She has had a hard time breathing the last 6 months and has been going to the doctor, she smoked for many years, since a kid, and thought maybe it was because of that so she quit. Still didn't feel better and was having a harder time breathing they did a X Ray and saw she had fluid built up in her lungs and had to drain it. After that she still felt bad, so they did a CT scan and that's how they found out she has Ovarian Cancer. So this whole time she's probably had the O.C. and now I'm terrified that it's too late for her.....I'm so worried. She's 59 years old.
I grew up over at their house during the Summer because I'm really close with my cousins. Which I feel terrible for my cousin/best friend Kim (She's the one with Gizmo, the Chihuahua) because she actually is older than me and still lives at home/doesn't work because she has very hard time with anxiety and her mom is her best friend and I know this is just going to make her even worse. If anything happens to her mom she's just going to go nuts :( I feel so bad for her. I'm talking with her though and trying to comfort her shes being really strong so Thank God for that, but I know deep down she's a mess. I just don't know what to do right now I feel so sad and heart broken over this. My Grandma just passed away in June, I just haven't even got to heal with that yet.

I know this got long and thanks for listening. I just want to ask for the ones who do pray, can you please say a prayer for my Aunt Linda and that it's not too late for her. :( Thank you so much you all.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
OH NO!.I am so sorry.I will be pray for you all.And I will pray that she will be alright.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. If I could wish a cure for any disease it would be for cancer.
My thoughts and prayers are with your aunt. Try and be positive and strong for her.
We are all here for you if you need our support. Hugs.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm very sorry dear, but if you don't mind, I just want to mention how we ALL need to be getting our yearlys! It's so very important!!

We have had this tragedy touch us this year i'm afraid, my boyfriends aunt passed away from it because she hadn't been screened in over 20 years as she's never had medical insurance, she didn't see it coming, she was 54 years old.

I hope the very best for your family in this time, and hope for everyone to realize the seriousness of your yearly testing. I wish for your family to be strong!

You're in our thoughts here. Take care of yourselves, I hope for the very best!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so sorry. I will keep her in my prayers.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that your aunt and your family are going through this.
Praying for you all. Cancer is a horrible thing (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'm so sorry, thats just the most frightening news. My dad was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, so I know how scary and difficult this time is when youre waiting to find out just what exactly she will be facing. Ill be keeping your aunt and your family in my thoughts.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry. :( I'll be keeping your Aunt and your family in my thoughts. Keep us posted. xx

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Your Aunt and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry. :( (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do scrapbooks for people who are either terminal or have a friend or family member that is very sick. Since you all have chi's in commom. Start a scrapbook together if it is only once every week or two. Offer to do shopping, cook a meal and always let your cousin know that you will be there for them. My son Korey has a bad heart and he needs a transplant, sometimes I have to give it to GOD. God knows the out come, that is how I had to be when the burden was too heavy. I would say God its too much I can't doe this have your will b done. I also have a GOD box I write my prayer or worry on a piece of paper, date it and put it in the God box. Some how the load seem just a bit lighter. may be you can share these ideas. Don't forget sugar is deadly for any cancer. Even the sugar (natural) in fruit is not good. Good nutrition is very very important. It is good to hit the disease from different directions Dr.,Nutrition, mindfulness, yogs, and something fun to do. There is a saying Its not over till its over.
e mail me and let me know how all you guys are doing. Don't forget to give it to God and take care of yourself.
Isabella Mom
Blessings and Hugs to you and yours
Isabella
Isabellas mom...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My mom and I are going with her & her husband on Thursday to find out how far along it is. *Praying hard*

OH NO!.I am so sorry.I will be pray for you all.And I will pray that she will be alright.
Thank you so much! It means a lot!

Of course I will pray for your aunt. I'm so sorry to hear this kerri.
Cancer is a terrible thing. My mom went through breast cancer a couple years ago, she had her breast removed and chemo. She is ok now! :) I will pray that it's not too far along.
I'm so happy your mom is ok now, thank God for that! Thank you for praying.

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. If I could wish a cure for any disease it would be for cancer.
My thoughts and prayers are with your aunt. Try and be positive and strong for her.
We are all here for you if you need our support. Hugs.
Thank you so so much hon it means so much to me!

I'm very sorry dear, but if you don't mind, I just want to mention how we ALL need to be getting our yearlys! It's so very important!!

We have had this tragedy touch us this year i'm afraid, my boyfriends aunt passed away from it because she hadn't been screened in over 20 years as she's never had medical insurance, she didn't see it coming, she was 54 years old.

I hope the very best for your family in this time, and hope for everyone to realize the seriousness of your yearly testing. I wish for your family to be strong!

You're in our thoughts here. Take care of yourselves, I hope for the very best!
Oh gosh :( Sorry to hear about your boyfriends aunt :( that makes me so sad. I never had to deal with cancer in my life I"m so confused but ready to fight. She was the type to always go to the doc too and have things checked out but I dont know I just pray they caught it early.

I am so sorry. I will keep her in my prayers.
Thank you so much!

I am so sorry to hear that your aunt and your family are going through this.
Praying for you all. Cancer is a horrible thing (((HUGS)))
Thank you I know we are all being strong right now for each other it's so hard on her, she's so worried. :( I hate this stuff.

I'm so sorry, thats just the most frightening news. My dad was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, so I know how scary and difficult this time is when youre waiting to find out just what exactly she will be facing. Ill be keeping your aunt and your family in my thoughts.
I'm so sorry about your dad! :( I hope things are going ok with you and your family. The waiting game is the worse part....maybe not in this situation though who knows I just want to know more about this.

I'm so sorry. :( I'll be keeping your Aunt and your family in my thoughts. Keep us posted. xx
Thank you foggy!

Your Aunt and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry. :( (((Hugs)))
Thank you so much TLI

I do scrapbooks for people who are either terminal or have a friend or family member that is very sick. Since you all have chi's in commom. Start a scrapbook together if it is only once every week or two. Offer to do shopping, cook a meal and always let your cousin know that you will be there for them. My son Korey has a bad heart and he needs a transplant, sometimes I have to give it to GOD. God knows the out come, that is how I had to be when the burden was too heavy. I would say God its too much I can't doe this have your will b done. I also have a GOD box I write my prayer or worry on a piece of paper, date it and put it in the God box. Some how the load seem just a bit lighter. may be you can share these ideas. Don't forget sugar is deadly for any cancer. Even the sugar (natural) in fruit is not good. Good nutrition is very very important. It is good to hit the disease from different directions Dr.,Nutrition, mindfulness, yogs, and something fun to do. There is a saying Its not over till its over.
e mail me and let me know how all you guys are doing. Don't forget to give it to God and take care of yourself.
Isabella Mom
Blessings and Hugs to you and yours
Isabella
Isabellas mom...
Sorry about your son. I deflintely always help my cousin out shes my best friend I do as much as I can for her. We all pray and know this is in God's hands and there isn't awhole lot we can do about it. We just know God is in controll and he has this. She has cancer but cancer doesn't have her, it can't have her! We won't let it!

Will be hoping and praying for the best. Soooo sorry.

Lori
Thank you so much hon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just look at your precious chi take pictures, It helps pass the time. Good luck and God Bless you.

Hugs and Blessings
Isabella's Mom

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all for the prayers. It means so much. I have so much faith.

Today is the appointment 2:00, I feel sick and so nervous. It's 5:40AM here and I still haven't fallen asleep. Been to bed, got back up.....just can't stay down without laying there thinking. I will keep you all updated when I get the chance, again thank you all so much for caring about this. It's really hard time for my family actually. My grandma just passed away in June :( now this......Plus in 2003 we lost my Uncle & baby cousin so it's like a never ending story. Lets just pray this is better than it sounds. Thank you all so so much. *Hugs*

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Won't find out more info on this until Monday. She'll be put in the hospital then. It doesn't look good from what I have heard but I DO still have faith and keep praying!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts