Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christie, I am sooooo very sorry I forgot to say that I got harness and post pics. I've been really focused on coughing and sleeping! lol I am so very thankful I tried it first because I don't think it fits correctly. What do ya'll think?

It's hard to tell from pics with her fur in the way but it really stands away from her quite a bit from her neck, but I can't get it any small because of her girth.

I can put all my fingers between her body and the harness. There's no way that she turns that the harness lays flat on her. I just think BBs fit her better.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Try putting it on opposite and see if it fits better. BG had a gap on the chest when I put it on one way and the same gap you see when I put it the other way. Also try walking her in it to check for rubbing and escape.

Elaine and a few other might be able to comment too. As they are pros with this and i am still figuring it out LOL

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did try it the other way, and there was no change--still a nice-sized gap. I don't think there is any rubbing, and I don't see how she could escape; I just don't like the look of the gaping open.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Tina, the smaller strip goes on her chest. Try walking her in it. I do notice mine having a little gap also, when attached to the leach and Lulu is walking the extra material is taken up.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Tina, I hope your feeling better now.
I just wanted to post this pic so that you or anyone else can be more clear as to which way it goes on. the top part goes in alittle to a small V. the bottom part is rounded and smooth with no V. so when they are stepping into the harness , the part with the slight V is on the top, the smooth rounded part is on the bottom.
you can see it in this pic. the slight V part is on the top, smooth rounded part on the bottom

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha!!! Sometimes I can be very dense! lol I tried it that way as well, and it stood away, but I don't remember how much. I will try again and see. Thanks again so much

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
noooo, it really can be confusing about which way to put it on. ;). I snapped these pics of Minnie in one of hers. she's an XS . I think its a great fit on her but yuou can see in the 3rd pic that it is roomy on her in the chest depending on how she's stankding. they are so pretty and light weight , I love them ! but I agree, that not all dogs will get a good fit. I tried for Tootsie and it didn't work for her. but like Debby said, try taking Lulu for a walk in it first before ruling it out. a little gap is ok( look at the last pic in the chest area )

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
LOL

Elaine started all of this as she sent it to me to try on BG. Our weather has not been the best so no walks yet so I sent it to TIna to try on LuLu since in Alabama the weather has to be warmer. :)

So don't thank me thank Aunty Elaine for starting it :)

Thank you Elaine!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A big THANK YOU to both of you!! I just tried it on Lulu the right way (DUH) and really inspected it, and I think it fit perfectly!! I don't know why it thought I remembered it being loose putting it on in that direction before--could be because I really thought I had it on backward or could be because I just didn't feel good when I tried it on her. Either way, I'm really pleased with the fit with her wearing correctly. In a couple more days when I'm a bit better we are going to walk and try it. Then it's coming back, Christie, and I'll get one coming for her. Thanks, girls, you all are the best!!! xoxoxox

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Woohoo! Definately try with a walk! We just had more snow on Monday and possibly more next week so take your time LOL

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh wow! More snow?! Crazy! The temp here is starting to get into the high 60s to 70 everyday. Walking would probably do me good if I could muster up the energy. lol I haven't left my house in over a week. Which it's normal for me not to leave for 3 or 4 days in a row, but over a week is a bit much even for me!!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Tina...where did you get that harness ?...it looks like it is cut low enough at the neckline for Izzys pacemaker...its a bit problematic finding ones that won't press on the pacemaker...and of course her days of wearing neck bling are over....

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a Susan Lanci step-in harness. But keep in mind in the pics of Lulu I have it on her backwards. lol It really shouldn't matter though which way you wear it. If it works for Izzy, I would wear it whichever way works!!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Thanks Tina...took a look at the web site...love the waterlily ....guess I will have to watch for a sale as I think close to $200 for the girls harnesses is a bit hefty :D:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts