Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, my husband and I live on the side of a mountain in a village in Asia where we are teachers. There is no one else in town who speaks English, so I've come to depend on my chi, Hopie so much.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank my little chi-baby for always being there for me. When it monsoons and we can't leave the apartment and we run around putting towels under our leaky roof, my Hopie is there for me. In the winter when it's so bitterly cold, even in our apartment, my Hopie snuggles between my husband and I and make us laugh.
She is my dear little friend and I get pretty lonely here and without her, my husband and our other dog I surely wouldn't be able to stay here. I can't wait until we get to go home in the spring.
So thank you, my Hopie, for being Mommy's sunshine. :) I love you!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh my goodness,how do you cope "Nobody speaking English" i can understand how lonely it is for you,but as you say having a dog is so much fun ,what a lovely tribute to your dogs.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Hopie sounds like a little trouper....where in Asia are you located ? ( not asking for your exact address, just the general location..no intent on stalking here :) )

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi mrs nelson what a sweet story whow!!!!you and your husband are some kind of real heros congrats on doing a wonderful job and im so happy too about your little hopie makeing your day more pleasent i think allour chihs are little clowns at heart thanks for a great story

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live in the mountains of South Korea. My husband is from New Zealand, and we picked a neutral country where we could both work and wait for my husband to get his greencard to America. We've been traveling for about 4 years now, working in different places that needed teachers. I don't know what I'd do without Hopie. Her, my husband and our other dog are the only things I can talk to out loud other than on the phone. 8 more months and our greencard will be ready and then we can go home! I can't wait! Hopie was adopted here in Korea and I can't wait for her to see the good American life. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts