Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to" Thank" Everyone once again that helped me with Maia's problem. Since I gave her pumpkin and changed her food to Blue Buffalo Freedom, she has had solid stools!!!!! I have completely cut out all grains from her diet and that has seemed to help. She also seems a lot more energetic and happy. As for treats, I have been giving her carrots and organic cooked chicken.

I do have one question for everyone, would it hurt for me to give her probiotic pills with her food everyday seeing that she's been on antibiotics? I tried organic plain yogurt with probiotics and that seems to upset her stomach.

Again, Maia and I love this forum and appreciate all the advice and help you have given us. Thank you all again!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I do have one question for everyone, would it hurt for me to give her probiotic pills with her food everyday seeing that she's been on antibiotics? I tried organic plain yogurt with probiotics and that seems to upset her stomach.
Is she reacting to the antibiotics? Her stool will become loose if there's a reaction, and it doesn't sound like that's happening. There's no need to fix what isn't broken, y'know? ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tink, while she was on the antibiotics her stool was liquid and stunk really bad. Even after she was done taking them she still had liquid stool and that's when people on here told me to give her some pumpkin to help with her stool. I was just wondering if I should give her the probiotic pills to help build her enzymes and all that back up seeing that she's been on antibiotics a couple of times in the past two months. Once after she was fixed which caused loose stools and then again this last time with the liquid stools which lasted almost 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Tink, while she was on the antibiotics her stool was liquid and stunk really bad. Even after she was done taking them she still had liquid stool and that's when people on here told me to give her some pumpkin to help with her stool. I was just wondering if I should give her the probiotic pills to help build her enzymes and all that back up seeing that she's been on antibiotics a couple of times in the past two months. Once after she was fixed which caused loose stools and then again this last time with the liquid stools which lasted almost 2 weeks.
OK, I see what you're saying.

The primary indication that her intestinal flora (the good bacteria in her system) is up to par and doing its job is that she no longer has loose bowel movements. You won't strengthen her digestion any by giving her additional enzymes. You won't harm her as long as you don't give her too much, but they won't be used either. Her system will just eliminate them because they're not needed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I see what you're saying.

The primary indication that her intestinal flora (the good bacteria in her system) is up to par and doing its job is that she no longer has loose bowel movements. You won't strengthen her digestion any by giving her additional enzymes. You won't harm her as long as you don't give her too much, but they won't be used either. Her system will just eliminate them because they're not needed.
Ok, that's what I was wondering. I just want to do what's best for her seeing that I finally have the problem under control, and I don't want it to come back anytime soon. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.