Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karen (Jesuschick) was soooooooooooo sweet to share some treats with Brody. He LOVES Konas chips! She sent turkey jerky, chicken, and beef ... along with Ettas lamb liver treats. Another favorite! He loves loves loves it all. Thank you so much Karen. That was so sweet of you. You certainly made Brody's day! I'll let him tell the story .....

"I gots a box! I gots a box! Alllllllllllll for ME!"

"Go Way toopid cats!!!" "These are for ME!"

"I picks out a kona chips! I love dese chips!"

"nom nom nom yummy yummy!"

"Tank You Karen!" "Go way cats! Time 4 my nap!"

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Awwwww!! He is too pleased with his package :D
Those treats look really good. Are they home made? I would love to learn how to home make their treats.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Tracy, that was so much fun to see! You know how much Lulu loves Brody. I noticed his nails in one of the pics. Do I remember one time you saying you use one of those Drammel-things that kinda (can't think of the right word) "file" them down rounded and smooth like that? Lulu sits very still and good for me to clip and file the old-fashion way but I can't get them that short and smooth as his look. Share your secret---please.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
So glad the package arrived safely. Of course, I knew he liked it all already! Glad to see he can tear through it all better than these girls!

They sent the package to him. Whether he shares with the cats will remain NONE of our business! haha!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ok girls ( and Brody), now I'm outta the loop....what's a kona chip? I'll go google it ;)
Hope I'm not missing out on too much as I just ordered $115 off best bully stick on their sale last night! Yikes...my poor credit card--lol;);) oh well, it will last awhile...but I'm still going to google :):):)

Whee...just looked them up:p no wonder Brody was so pleased...yummy.
I feel better now about last nights order since it was for chews not treats, whew:coolwink:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That's so thoughtful of Karen! Aww!

And I just have to say I love your carpeting; and couch patterns.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awwwww!! He is too pleased with his package :D
Those treats look really good. Are they home made? I would love to learn how to home make their treats.
They are konas chips. They have a website: Chicken Jerky for Dogs Made In The USA - KONA'S CHIPS These are the only jerky treats that Brody gets. They are made in the USA and of great quality.

Tracy, that was so much fun to see! You know how much Lulu loves Brody. I noticed his nails in one of the pics. Do I remember one time you saying you use one of those Drammel-things that kinda (can't think of the right word) "file" them down rounded and smooth like that? Lulu sits very still and good for me to clip and file the old-fashion way but I can't get them that short and smooth as his look. Share your secret---please.
Yes, Brody's nails are short because I use a grinder. It's like a dremel (the generic one from harbor freight). It works great on his nails. Just a touch on each nail once a week and his nails stay short and no rough edges. It does take them a little getting used to, but most dogs tolerate it and it's quick and easy. Its the only way to really get the nails super short and not accidentally cut into the quick (vein). I've never quicked a nail using a grinder. Pedi Paws is one brand but I've found the dremel like grinders work faster and better.

love the pic of Brody checking all the treats out with the 2 cats. LOL :)
Thanks Elaina. He was so excited to get a package and he knew it was for HIM.

lol I love your captions.
LOL. Thanks!

So glad the package arrived safely. Of course, I knew he liked it all already! Glad to see he can tear through it all better than these girls!

They sent the package to him. Whether he shares with the cats will remain NONE of our business! haha!
haha Karen. No, he won't be sharing with the kitties. ;) Thanks again for sending him the goodies.

Ok girls ( and Brody), now I'm outta the loop....what's a kona chip? I'll go google it ;)
Hope I'm not missing out on too much as I just ordered $115 off best bully stick on their sale last night! Yikes...my poor credit card--lol;);) oh well, it will last awhile...but I'm still going to google

Whee...just looked them up:p no wonder Brody was so pleased...yummy.
I feel better now about last nights order since it was for chews not treats, whew:coolwink:
Mel, konas chips dehydrated chicken and beef treats are really great. 100% meat with nothing added and made in the USA. Next best thing to dehydrating your own meats!

Agreed. I would love to learn as well:)
Brody looks really excited to dig into the package.
He was really excited. His tail was going a mile a minute. :)

You have very pretty cats. Bandit won't share with my cats either. But he does insist that they play with him.
Thanks! They tolerate him. They think he is a pest. He is constantly bugging them. ha.

You are a lucky little man Brody....those treats look yummy :p
He definitely loved the treats!

That's so thoughtful of Karen! Aww!

And I just have to say I love your carpeting; and couch patterns.
Thanks Kat! :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think Nala has a secret crush on Brody.
He looks like he's quite popular with the
Canine ladies. That's such a nice surprise to get.
Brody's a lucky little man!

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Brody you look so happy when you get presents :) Love the expressions on your face and the glint in your eyes. Such a good boy!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Nala has a secret crush on Brody.
He looks like he's quite popular with the
Canine ladies. That's such a nice surprise to get.
Brody's a lucky little man!
Yes, Karen and her girls were good to us! We appreciate it so much! :D

Brody you look so happy when you get presents :) Love the expressions on your face and the glint in your eyes. Such a good boy!
Laura it's so funny. Whenever a box comes, he starts dancing around. He thinks EVERY package is for him. lol.

Brody you lucky pup! What a great package from Karen.
Tracy I bet those kitties are glad to have you back! When do you move?
Oh gosh, that is the million dollar question. Offers are supposed to go out in the next 2 weeks. Some people will get offers to support defense in either Oklahoma City or San Antonio. A few people will transfer to Charleston, SC. Some will try to go to Everett, WA. I think we are in the Everett group, as it seems the best place to be for long term job security. (What job security. lol) Anyway, we will see what happens. Thinking about moving is really stressful and hard. :(

Brody is so cute! Bet he loved those treats!!! Your signature picture/s of him are absolutely adorable!!
Thanks so much! My siggy was made by Therese here (jerry'smom). She did such a great job. I have a bunch that I made, but I keep going back to the one she made me. I think it's permanent. ;)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'm sorry! I hope you get some answers soon. I didnt realize they had you so up in the air on locations too, I thought you were SC for sure, what a lot of stress and uncertainty to have hanging over you. Such a mess!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
awwwhhhh cute ! love how in america ect. there is so much stuff for dogs! in cornwall we have nothing :( lol x
oh that's a bummer! I know that pets at home has a lot of stuff and great variety and they are in the UK. Not sure if there's one close to you though. But maybe you can mail order from them?

I'm sorry! I hope you get some answers soon. I didnt realize they had you so up in the air on locations too, I thought you were SC for sure, what a lot of stress and uncertainty to have hanging over you. Such a mess!
Thanks. Yeah, we did think we were going to SC, but some unforeseen circumstances pretty much cancelled out that location. If we end up not going to Everett, then he will probably have to contract out. Not much job security in that! Ugh, so hard to know what to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts