Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We took Kahlua with us as usual to my family Easter over the weekend. My grandma is her biggest fan, she's 89 and just adores Kahlua. We all went to the cemetery to put some flowers on my grandfather's grave, where Kahlua took notice of her emotion when she was leaning against her husbands tombstone. After my grandmother walked away, I watched as Kahlua promptly rested on the ground right over where my grandfather laid. Nobody else was near her at the time; and as soon as my grandmother noticed she was overwhelmed with emotion. She remained there until we went to leave; giving me the opportunity to take a photograph. I could hardly believe it and just thought it was the sweetest thing. My grandfather was a true animal lover; and his chihuahua Chico was the first dog I ever knew growing up. I just wanted to share this pic of Kahlua "meeting" her great-grandfather. I love my little chocolate covered angel. =)

Registered
How very special, Kat. That is a gorgeous photo and a forever reminder for you. :) For as long as I can remember my grandparents had 2 Boston Terriers during my lifetime that they were alive. Both were named Princess--Princess1 and Princess2. lol Anyway, I can't tell you how many times I have wished that my granddad could have known Lulu and Gidget and our Lacy. He would have loved them! I know how you feel; I don't know how to put it in words, but there's definitely something to wishing those granddads we love so much could have known those fur kids we love so much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts