Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( hi ,ok here goes i got a chi(my first dog)ihave 4 cats ,3 kids,a husband ,a mother and a live in tenent .i got anubis 3 weeks ago. now me like an idiot :roll: figured i can do this no promblem.yea right huh i had went 2 puppy training classes with my brother in law when he got his dog because i take care or her a lot he works weird hours anywho so i can teach him the basic commands .that i can do. when i got anubis i SO FELL IN LOVE and i said we r not doing crate training we can do this, :evil: NOT so please help me ive had him almost a month needless 2 say hes spoiled rotton go everywhere with me all day long in the truck what ever place i go into (i never leave him in the truck)and when we r home he runs around playing very happy loves the family is used 2 ppl coming and going ,being held by other ppl loves the attention he gets while were out (never even got this much attention while i was out even when my kids were born)anyway now i realize he needs 2 be crate trained and i know hes going 2 cry so bad cuz hes usta sleeping with me everynight .so please how do i do it crate training i mean cuz i just woke up 2 all kinds of surprises :?: thank u i know i should have done this in the begining.so how do i start now especially where hes usta having the run of the house 2 play and hanging on couch with us and sitting in my lap all day i dont want my puppybaby 2 hate me.thank u

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
well you have to be patient i think ...it can take a while for a chi to be trained.......paris is almost 6 months and still not 100 percent if you know what i mean .
i don't like cratetraining ......but that's personal , i don't say there is anything wrong with that ....

you have to decide for yourself what is best ......

kisses nat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anubis

see i dont like it either .but ive tried everything i know i have 2 be patient what sucks is he is so perfect in every other way do u take u dup outside ,doggie papers ,dog litter what works best :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i put potty pads !! they have to go so many times it's almost impossible to go outside ....
but when i open the door to the garden they now go outside too :D
since you have cats.....you can try to let him go in the litter box ...?
but you have to be careful i have a cat too and if they go in the litter box they want to eat the cats sh""t :? so i forbid it now....
the only other advice is be patient,patient,patient ...some learn in a few days and some really need months.....just be persistant and put him on the the right spot to pee....

kisses nat

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Here's a dash of hope, my girl who slept with us just got crate trained at nearly 8 mos. I bought her a new bigger crate and started throwing treats in it etc and we just closed her up one night and BAMO crate trained she is :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts