Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever been really under the weather and your chis just know? I have been recently and it just amazes me how extra sweet and gentle my girls have been with me. Esp. B. she cuddles with me all day and only asks one thing from me and that's that I let her in my robe or under my blanket. Then she lays across my lower stomach and just stays with me for hours. She's like a little hot water bottle.

I have never had such a sensitive dog before. B has just been the best little sick buddy around and she makes me feel better just being with me.

These little creatures never cease to amaze me with their love and devotion.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
they are special for sure!! When I was sick a couple of weeks ago... I was in bed for 4 days and hardly moved........Chico acted as though it was a Holiday and loved staying in bed for days.......LOL.....

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
THat's so sweet & hope you're feeling better! They are very smart & do know when we're sick. They're get used to a routine & when we're just laying around, they know something is wrong.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, they are better than anything else when feeling ill.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Yep totally agree, when I am having a bad day both myboys come and cuddle up, Red cuddles anyway but Jake usually just wants to play but on these days he is so loving. This also goes for my horses especially Spike, Spike is usually fleeing all over and very excitable but when I am ill he is so quite and careful and loving.

I really do think animals pick up on our emotions, just wish people could be more like this.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Butter is always stuck to my hip, but Britney does get this way. There are times when I have indigestion/upper abdominal pain and she'll give me this look like, "omg are you ok!?" and won't take her eyes off of me until I let her know I'm fine, and then she'll either lay next to me or near the very top of my legs.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Have you ever been really under the weather and your chis just know? I have been recently and it just amazes me how extra sweet and gentle my girls have been with me. Esp. B. she cuddles with me all day and only asks one thing from me and that's that I let her in my robe or under my blanket. Then she lays across my lower stomach and just stays with me for hours. She's like a little hot water bottle.

I have never had such a sensitive dog before. B has just been the best little sick buddy around and she makes me feel better just being with me.

These little creatures never cease to amaze me with their love and devotion.
Hey Girl! Are you still sick? Where are you? Hope all is well!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Hi stranger! ;) We've missed you, and I was really starting to worry something was wrong. Sorry to hear you have been under the weather :( It is definitely true that they know when we don't feel well and want nothing more than to simply keep us as happy as they can. Its part of what I love about them so much!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh definitely! I have Fibromyalgia and some days I'm hurting really bad. When I am, Willow will curl up across my neck and shoulders, if I'm sitting. If I'm laying down, she curls up at my neck while Wizard curls up at my knees. Their body heat really helps plus having them close is calming. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hope you're feeling better! They sure do know when you're sick, sad, mad, hurt....dogs are amazing at knowing how we feel. Like I said a million times when my Grandma passed away Kizzie & Shayley just knew....Esp Kizzie because she is SO hyper and HAPPY 24/7 she's non stop and she laid down next to me and put her little head on my leg.....she knew! They sure can make us feel better and know they are there for us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts