Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several post in which people mention the infamous chihuahua scream of death, which is supposedly a scream chihuahuas do when they're being overly dramatic like being bathed or having poop stuck on their behind. One member even described the sound as if their chihuahua was being "stabbed to death" :shocked: LOL!

I've never heard Luxie yelp and she hardly barks! Do any of your chi's do the CSOD? And when?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cosmo made a weird almost cackle once. He was getting his annual exam by a vet we'd never seen and she put a muzzle on him. He weighed 5 lbs! What was she afraid of? I was pissed! I don't think she lasted long at that clinic.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Bailey totally screams! Only when I come home and don't let her out Of her crate right away. Scared me to death the first time I heard it!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Kahlua did once when she was just a puppy. My friend was holding her while sitting down; and all of a sudden the metal just gave way on the chair and snapped apart from the back part. O_O They went straight down; she wasn't hurt at all as my friend braced their fall but she was certainly startled lol. That's about the only time I've heard it.... my dogs make tons of noises but that SOD is a very unique sound of utter fear lol.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Only Eden. My husband says that she sounds as if she is being dropped in hot oil.

She does it when she hears we have opened the door from the garage but we have not yet gotten down the steps to free them from their room-JUST like Bailey.

I may video it sometime so that others can "appreciate" the sound.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I will never forget the sound Chloe made when my mum dropped her and her leg was dislocated - obviously she was not being over dramatic in this instance though. It was the worst noise, like nails down a chalkboard, and it felt like it went on for 5 mins, makes me shiver to think about it!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Gonzo does it when fence fighting the poodle and terrier behind us, when he's get his nails trimmed at the groomers, and when Bouncer woofs at him (he's not the bravest dog out there) Scares everyone when they hear him. lol

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Bijoux was the queen of this when she was a puppy. When ever I would leave her alone she would do it. I remember the first time she did it, I burst into the room thinking something was attacking her and she was very very hurt. Bijoux would do it for a very long time to, I once out lasted her, she went at it for 45 minutes until she went hoarse..she was only 8 weeks old btw..

Now she has thankfully out grown it I learned that Bijoux just can't stand being away from me when I'm home and that she is very afraid of being penned or crated. She goes hysterical and could really hurt herself

ps. I thought I should mention the sound was so horrifying I had my neighbour practically bash my door in thinking I was abusing her

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I have a fake white fox that is like a puppet--you can put your hand in it and move it around. It used to lay in one of my chairs for decor, and Lulu never paid it attention. One of my boys decided to "bring it to life" one day. Lulu SCREAMED so loud at that thing it scared me and my mother all the way across the house. She attacked it's nose and she did not stop screaming until we put it up. It is still in the closet, but I cant get rid of it because it was a gift from my deceased grandparents.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Please record it. I am very curious. Paco so seldom barks I don't know if I will be able to add "speak" to his list of tricks or not. Would like to hear this.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Please record it. I am very curious. Paco so seldom barks I don't know if I will be able to add "speak" to his list of tricks or not. Would like to hear this.
Oh, Suzn, is it selfish of me to say what a blessing your Paco is a man of few "words"? I adorable my Lulu and she is extremely smart and trainable if she didn't have a lazy, undisciplined chimama, but the barking at everything gets annoying.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have a fake white fox that is like a puppet--you can put your hand in it and move it around. It used to lay in one of my chairs for decor, and Lulu never paid it attention. One of my boys decided to "bring it to life" one day. Lulu SCREAMED so loud at that thing it scared me and my mother all the way across the house. She attacked it's nose and she did not stop screaming until we put it up. It is still in the closet, but I cant get rid of it because it was a gift from my deceased grandparents.
OMG that is hilarious! Poor Lulu but oh so funny!!!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I have to admit after the shock it really was funny, but I had to hide the fox mostly for Lulu's benefit, and so my mean ole boys would pick on her with it. lol

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Adam has only done it once. But seeing as how a very heavy folded puppy pen had fallen and trapped him underneath I can understand that one (also the wetting himself, poor boy!).
Heidi does it quite often. Its like she never got past that puppy fear phase despite being socialized well towards everything and everyone. She is just a hyper vigilant, nervy girl.:(
This month she screamed and jumped when someone dropped a bag of rubbish about 20ft behind us on a walk and the second time was in a local dog walking field. She always screams if another dog 'chases' her, this time she was happily sniffing and didnt see the Border Terrier that pottered up behind her til it was sniffing her butt!:nshocked2:
She screamed and leapt about 4ft in the air!!:rolleyes:
Must be quite funny if they are doing it coz they are excited....I just feel bad for Heidi coz she is on constant alert for 'scary' things.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Holly did that when she got her vaccines. But she totally screamed the store down when she got microchipped. Oh my gosh, was it ever so loud!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Angel does that too, occasionally. If my golden barks when we get home and it takes a while to get in the door, he will do it.

But you haven't heard anything till you've heard a dachshund scream in pain!! I had one once that jumped off my bed. My bed wasn't high off the floor. This was about 35 years ago and we didn't have such high beds. Well, he jumped down and gave this blood-curdling scream! I mean "scream!" Scared me to where I was shaking. He was dragging his hind end across the floor! I immediately took him to the vet. It turned out, he threw his back out and it just had to heal!! I shall never, ever forget that scream.

To this day, I do not like to let dogs jump off furniture!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts