Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a great article I came across on my Facebook about the difference between long and smooth coat chihuahua's. Every article I post doesn't necessarily have to be something that I agree or disagree with, it is mostly to share with you guys and give you something to think about or even learn. This particular article is actually dead on in explaining the coat differences between the two coat types for any new comers that may be interested or for our current members looking to add one coat type or the other to their fur family. Enjoy!

http://chihuahualiscious.com/comparing-the-differences-between-long-coat-and-smooth-coat-chihuahuas/

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was an interesting read :) I've been thinking and in time if I feel like getting a fourth chi it will be a long coat they're beautiful.

They really are so elegant. Yet they still embrace all of the qualities of a smooth coat chi. It'd be really cool if you came across a blue long coat someday. I know how tough they are to find. I know of two breeders in the U.S. That have them pretty often. I'd love one someday.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
This was an interesting read
I've been thinking and in time if I feel like getting a fourth chi it will be a long coat they're beautiful.

They really are so elegant. Yet they still embrace all of the qualities of a smooth coat chi. It'd be really cool if you came across a blue long coat someday. I know how tough they are to find. I know of two breeders in the U.S. That have them pretty often. I'd love one someday.
Oh I don't suppose you have a link to their websites or their names even? It would be great to get in touch and see if it would be possible to get one. Im just having no luck finding one in the UK!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I can attest to the truth in the statement that short coat chi's shed more than long coats. I'm covered with hair when she lies on my lap---not much when the long hairs cuddle!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Oh I don't suppose you have a link to their websites or their names even? It would be great to get in touch and see if it would be possible to get one. Im just having no luck finding one in the UK!
My breeder for Neeva has had a few LC blue puppies! But Im unsure when her next litter will be, I was in love with Neevas daddy he had the most gorgeous blue LC I wanted to take him home! When I find out her next litter dates etc I'll give you a PM!

This is her daddy when he was a baby, his blue got even better and I can't find a good profile shot as he's got a lovely head on him he's from champion lines and was champion sired as well he was really gorg super short legged and chunky and all he wanted was belly scratches ha. Hoping to maybe in the future if he produces another litter of blue lc's to get one! Or maybe a cream one I have a soft spot for the creams.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
My breeder for Neeva has had a few LC blue puppies! But Im unsure when her next litter will be, I was in love with Neevas daddy he had the most gorgeous blue LC I wanted to take him home! When I find out her next litter dates etc I'll give you a PM!

This is her daddy when he was a baby, his blue got even better and I can't find a good profile shot as he's got a lovely head on him he's from champion lines and was champion sired as well he was really gorg super short legged and chunky and all he wanted was belly scratches ha. Hoping to maybe in the future if he produces another litter of blue lc's to get one! Or maybe a cream one I have a soft spot for the creams.

Aw wow thanks Caitlin! He's such a cutie x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts