Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having had no prior experience with Chihuahuas before I rescued Tango, I learned pretty much everything I know about chihuahuas from him. I'd had dogs all my life, but there's no question that chihuahuas are pretty unique in some regards, and knowing a lot about dogs in general wasn't quite enough preparation for owning a chihuahua. :D

I thought I'd figured out the chihuahua personality pretty well, and felt much better prepared the second time around when I rescued Jazz. Imagine my surprise then, to discover that in many regards, Jazz was NOTHING LIKE Tango! Yes, they're both chihuahuas. Yes, they're similar weights. Yes, they both do that weird, screechy, shrieking kind of howl (which Tango TAUGHT to Jazz thank you very much! :foxes15: ) but other than that, they couldn't BE more different!

I thought Tango was hyper, till I got Jazz, who I swear must have her picture next to the definition in the dictionary! ;) Jazz never barks or growls, whereas Tango is very vocal when there's reason to be. If I'm lying on the couch with them, Tango might lazily raise his head to see what's going on if I yawn, sneeze, sigh or make some other innocuous noise. Jazz on the other hand will LEAP from her sleeping position and RUN up my chest, peering intently into my face while doing this dancy thing that she does, anxiously waiting to see what's going to happen next.....every single time! Tango will walk placidly on leash, Jazz is going in 15 different directions. Jazz will eat her food at a leisurely pace, Tango gulps his down like a) he's starving and b) it's going to get all stolen omg! if he doesn't finish it all RIGHT NOW!

Just a sampling of SO many differences! And so much fun and entertainment in continuing to learn how VERY different they are! :daisy:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Thanks for that it was so nice to read.I find Dottie and Lily different Dottie is a lap chi and Lily will go off and put herself to bed when she's had enough of our company.Amazing what you learn

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
That is great, and so true. Thanks for sharing. My last chi Roxy was totally different from Zoey as well. She would bark at her own tail, Zoey could care less haha

·
Registered
285 Posts
All 3 of mine have such different personalities. Bailey is the protector and barks at everyone she meets. Oreo is the drama queen and screams for everything, she is more standoffish and is rare for her to lay on someone. pinky is the laid back one. She never ever bites. She has to be on someone at all times.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Tango might lazily raise his head to see what's going on if I yawn, sneeze, sigh or make some other innocuous noise. Jazz on the other hand will LEAP from her sleeping position and RUN up my chest, peering intently into my face while doing this dancy thing that she does, anxiously waiting to see what's going to happen next.....every single time!
LOL I can totally relate. Jadzia will run up into my face if I sneeze as if a bomb has just gone off in my face and it's all my fault so my face must be licked to within an inch of my life and told sternly with her eyes that I should not repeat the peformance. She just cracks me up LOL

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL I can totally relate. Jadzia will run up into my face if I sneeze as if a bomb has just gone off in my face and it's all my fault so my face must be licked to within an inch of my life and told sternly with her eyes that I should not repeat the peformance. She just cracks me up LOL

Yeah, I get that too. :D The eyes of both of mine are SO expressive. Well, I guess that applies to chihuahuas in general really, because their eyes are such a prominent feature. But the LOOKS! Oh man, if looks could kill! But even with that, they're both very different. If I've offended Tango, he gives me this head on look, then slowly starts turning his head away while still keeping his eyes focused on me. Then he reduces them to slits, head still turned away, but still looking, as if to say "you B!TCH! how COULD you < fill in the blank> :D

Jazz will also stare reproachfully at me, while also blinking rapidly, which results in her eyes looking even more moist than they usually do. I would SWEAR she was crying! And I would ALSO swear that she does that on purpose, just to make me feel as bad as I possibly can because I've done something heinous like move her from my lap because I have to get up, or not give her another treat that she's angling for, or not take her downstairs with me......all horrid awful wretched things that I'm doing to her because I'm such a BAD owner! :coolwink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts