Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my boy salem at about a year old, this is the ONLY pic i have of his ears up, and where he actually looks like a chi. Its amazing how much the ears make the chi

This is my boy normally floppy ears and all. His hair grew out quite a bit, i like to just say all that hair is weighing his ears down. that and he's lazy. but he looks much less like a chi now, although still chi in other aspects. lol

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
He is sooo cute. You probably could get the ears to stand still, if you wanted, but it would involve trimming/buzzing off all that extra fur, and using breathe right strips, etc. if you don't care, he is darned adorable ... he has whopper ears, too!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've thought about it, getting his ears to stand, I don't know if i could take his short clipped ears for that long! hehehe. But no, i love him just the way he is, i mostly get disgruntled in public, people ask what breed he is and its like a ten minute explanation and either a flip on his back or me standing there holding his ears up so that they can see that yes in fact he does look like a chi LOL. I kid you not people will badger me. Mind you the "breeder" i got him from would not give me his supposed papers, so he could be mixed? i met teh mama not the dad, but other then the ears he looks all chi, so i doubt it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
He is SOOO cute!! I LOVE his ears floppy IMO... I always wished Eleanor's would flop, because I think that look is just so cute. He almost looks like a little tiny spaniel, but with the adorable chi face.. I love it!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think he looks like a chi, its not totally uncommon for LC ears to tip b'c of fur weight or weak ear leather, but since your little guy's ears stood at one point I'd guess fur weight is the culprit.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes the ears are a distinctive feature. He looks cute either way to me.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Oh i think he is adorable!!
It looks like he has a hairdo. lol gorgeous boy!

Just ignore the ignorant folk out there, some have nout better to do than be cheeky to perfect strangers.
It somehow makes them feel better about their own sad existance.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

here's a pic i already had uploaded on photobucket of duke, the one who looks like Skylar and Kahlua. I'll get a better pic of him uploaded soon :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts