Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and the dogs got to go out in the big backyard for he first time in almost two weeks. They were sooooo happy. It was the first time the two puppies got to run around, they had a blast. And they are all snoozing now. A tired dog is a happy dog.

Found out Sherman is older than I thought, he's 5 months old not 4. I took them to the SPCA Thrift shop to get vouchers for their neuters and they did so well. I did carry Sherman but Chumley did very well in his harness. Until it was time to get them in the car, then he slipped out of his harness. He just peed on a bush and came when called, thank goodness. Then we went to the SPCA and booked them for their surgery. Sherman has a couple of retained baby teeth, they will pull them while he's under for an extra $20 (!!) They will be going in on the 12th. They got a lot of attention and loved it. Chumley did freak out when someone brought some dogs in at the SPCA, barking and howling. He's such vocal dog, always 'talking' to me. And he's not good in the car, either, crying to whole time. Which means for the next month or so, he's going with me a lot to get used to it. All and all, it was a good day.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice!

We got some outdoor time today as well Rio and KnK played out in the yard for about an hour I would guess. Second time outside I put the X pen on the porch and they played in there while I burned papers and brought groceries and a bedframe in. Which December 3 in PA who would have thought it would be possible. Had the door open for a bit to boot smelled so crisp and fresh out. Nice save with the harness slip that wouldn't have been fun chasing him on the run.

My whole house was in bed by 7 eastern: 3 cats, 1 tired puppadoo & Little Miss Olivia snugged into her new bed cozily. Even have the fishes light out. I thought wow! Never expected this for me on a Saturday night lol ~ it's official I am a geezer!

Nothing like a day out and some playtime to bring on a great sleep.

Good luck with spays ~ chopper removal and Car Fun 101 :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Yeah, my dogs LOVE to be able to run around the backyard. Its so big, it's like they are at their own private dog park. I do go to bed a lot later than you, though and I AM a geezer. lol I never get to bed before 2 am. I just love the night which is why I've always worked night shifts.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Normally 2 or 3 am I have to tell myself to go to bed to get up for 6 but ~ last night we were all bushed. Got very lucky with the neighbors here they are dog folks too so when we fenced in the back yard we did both yards with a gate in the middle so I would guess the dogs have 2 acres or more fenced. Its taken weed-whacking to a whole new level! Makes it so nice though for the kids and critters (my head is thinking agility course in spring!!)

Night shift was my very favorite shift hands down. I tried to explain the beauty of it to my older boys 19 & 22 ~ they think I am nuts, but its a no brainer for me and the first one I would pick if I were able to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts