Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tillie and pippi just had their first raw meal! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! , it went SO well , i have a load of pics so here goes! x :

Waiting :

Tillie's :

Pippi's :

FINALLY! :

Thank you for all the support with this! x

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Looks like they liked it! Great! Just remember to feed bones with that chicken as that is what firms the stools. Otherwise they will have loose stools which is no fun to deal with!

Tillie could handle wings or necks and the collie would do fine with a leg quarter. Take skin and fat blobs off at first. :)

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like they liked it! Great! Just remember to feed bones with that chicken as that is what firms the stools. Otherwise they will have loose stools which is no fun to deal with!

Tillie could handle wings or necks and the collie would do fine with a leg quarter. Take skin and fat blobs off at first. :)

Keep up the good work!
thank you! , yes i think im gonna sneak the bones in! LOL x

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Yay! Maybe it is just the photo, but that looks like kind of a lot of food for Tillie.. Are you weighing it? Overfeeding can cause loose stools (trust me, I learned the hard way!) How much does Tillie weigh?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yay! Maybe it is just the photo, but that looks like kind of a lot of food for Tillie.. Are you weighing it? Overfeeding can cause loose stools (trust me, I learned the hard way!) How much does Tillie weigh?
yeah i think its the pic! , i did 1 once and shes 5.8 pounds :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
yeah i think its the pic! , i did 1 once and shes 5.8 pounds :)
Missy is 100% correct! Dont' overfeed. It can cause loose stools, especially to a beginner dog. Your collie looks like she could lose a few pounds and raw is GREAT for that! They still get to eat the good stuff and get the chewing satisfaction but no carbs or fillers.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Missy is 100% correct! Dont' overfeed. It can cause loose stools, especially to a beginner dog. Your collie looks like she could lose a few pounds and raw is GREAT for that! They still get to eat the good stuff and get the chewing satisfaction but no carbs or fillers.
yeah she does :D yh they are LOVING it! this morning i gave them whole bones and all! , u found out i was over feeding as it was cut i couldnt 100% tell LOL but this morning it is correct and whole and they LOVED it! :D x

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
yeah she does :D yh they are LOVING it! this morning i gave them whole bones and all! , u found out i was over feeding as it was cut i couldnt 100% tell LOL but this morning it is correct and whole and they LOVED it! :D x
Excellent job Shannon!!!! :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Great job, Shannon!!! Your dogs will love you for this :) Ote is sitting at my feet waiting for her chicken to thaw as we speak, haha!!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great job, Shannon!!! Your dogs will love you for this :) Ote is sitting at my feet waiting for her chicken to thaw as we speak, haha!!
thank you! yeah the dogs do the same here! , OMG when/if you come down i HAVE to take you to the butchers! it AMAZING like a mini supermarket! XD and yes i am a freak ;) x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts