Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asking my DH to please make the girls a toy box. He is super handy and can make/repair/build anything.

MChis had a wooden toy box in some pics some time back and I really liked it. I showed him and asked if her could make something similar. Well, we got busy, time passed and no toy box. I asked again recently.

Today he bought the supplies and made it. I had planned pine or something similar (cheap) but he made it out of red oak.

Since everything in our house is cottage/rustic/shabby I wanted it to look like an old dresser/hutch drawer. My plan was to stain it black then paint white or cream over it and sand it so it looked old. Since he chose oak, I hate to do that. So, I got a wipeable, water based black stain that will allow the wood grain to show through. I also got clear vintage knobs. Those we put on just to see. I will have to remove for staining.

I would stain it a wood tone but it goes in the living room under the back side of the kitchen cabinets which are wood and stained.

Anyway, here is a pic still unfinished. I wanted to see how it would look and tossed in the toys. Ruby decided to have a closer look and jumped in and sat down.

Thanks for letting me share. I will post another pic when completed.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Oh how wonderful! I'm glad you gave us the hint about Ruby--I might have missed her and thought she was a toy.;) Don't ask me why, but the Snoopy
caught my eye. Can't wait to see it stained.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aww Karen what a sweet hubby you got!
Very nice of him to make this for the pups.
I love it already. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts