Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t stop laughing but now I genuinely don’t know what to do.

Dior, my 5 months old female Chihuahua has suddenly become the master of escapes.

She has a playpen for whenever she has to be left alone, which is not very often as there is almost always someone home. It is one like this but is pink and cream. It is fully enclosed and is large enough for her bed and food/water bowl with some toys but not big enough for her want to go to the bathroom in it. She has no problems with this but yesterday she managed to escape by UNZIPPING the flap herself. So I put a clasp on each zip to stop them opening so she couldn’t get out.

Today, I got a phonecall from my father and she has now managed to remove the flooring from it, which is secured with about 8/10 velcro pieces all which are concealed and she was casually sitting on the window ledge! Just happily sunning herself and watching the world pass her by.

Does anyone else use playpens that their Chihuahuas aren’t able to devise an escape plan from? lol

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
That is awesome! No playpen here but Sonny will open the baby gate. Also the travel zipper crate he will unzip so I have to baby pin the two zippers together LOL

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's to cute. I just purchased a play yard for Mia. She's not an escape artist though. She prefers just to chill on one of her many blankets that she has claimed. Maybe you could splurge on a really big crate for her and try that. If she can open the gate maybe you could use something and tie the door shut.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How funny! I haven't had that kind of experience (yet) but have found that Pudgy is quite clever and is a good problem solver. You can see the wheels turning as he puzzles out a way around a big dog or other obstacle to get what he wants!
C~

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I too have an escape artist.

By 4 months old, he could escape his playpen. I couldn't figure out a way to keep him in it. So I bought a fabric crate. By 5 months old, he figured out how to escape his fabric crate. I eventually had to get a large wire crate. Thank goodness he didn't figure out how to escape that. At 15 months, he was escaped his carrier on an airplane and ran into a little girls lap.

My wild child is nuts. And too smart for his own good. Good luck to you!

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
lol Sorry, but that is just cute! We mainly use a kennel, but sometimes I use Gabe's pack'n'play since we never used it with him :oops: I am now grateful my dogs aren't overly smart ;) hehe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts