Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone... know ive not been around much again... its been really crazy with uni work etc.
i dont wanna write this bit but know i have to..... im not getting a chi anymore. its taken me so long to decide and MANY tears have been shed. but its the best decision really... i know im not going to have the time or dedication she'll deserve. so instead of being stupid and getting her anyway and not treating her properly ive decided the sensible thing to do is to not get her.
my whole life has changed in the past month its been SOOOOO crazy. things are going great with my new boyfriend... i cant see him much when im at uni which is both turning out to be really hard for us. i finish in about a month so it wont be so bad then. but now im getting a job when i move back home so wont be around in the day then i'll be going to matts in the evenings. it just wouldnt be fair to have a puppy now.
im also taking more classes and an extra qualification at uni next year, as well as my dissertation! im not really making life easy for myself but once its finished its finished.
im going to ring my breeder and tell her tomorrow morning. i just hope she can find my pup as good a home as i would've given her.
i will have my baby one day.... just when i will have more time. maybe even this time next year when ive finished my course, i will be going on to another uni course but thats only part time. typical me - wants to get all my qualifications straight after the other!
but after all that then i will hopefully be set up for jobs for the rest of my life.
but dont worry everyone.... i'll still be around :D :D :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Your decision...

It sounds to me like have your "act" together. With all of the university work you are doing (smart gal! to get it all over with quickly!), it is hard to have any sort of personal life at all.

Chi's are wonderful, and I know that you want one now, but you will find your little Angel Chi when you have the time to relax a little and enjoy him/her.

When I come home from a stressed-out day at work, Dobbie curls up beside me, or comes and offers his favorite toy (of course, he wants me to throw it to him, lol), it makes everything seem better. I work from 8-5 five days a week and he is OK at home by himself, but I know he likes it better when I am around. Sometimes I feel guilty about not being there during the day, but hey, it pays for the puppy toys, right? I also go out to a member's web site and look at her 2 Chi's on her webcam -- they always seem to be sleeping. (Makes me feel better for leaving Dobbie alone; hopefully, he's sleeping the day away also.)

Please stay with the forum, don't leave us just because you have had to postpone getting your own Chi. Keep reading all the great advice, etc. and you'll be prepared when your Chi comes home to you.

Good luck with all the studies.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Re: Your decision...

latenight423 said:
It sounds to me like have your "act" together. With all of the university work you are doing (smart gal! to get it all over with quickly!), it is hard to have any sort of personal life at all.

Chi's are wonderful, and I know that you want one now, but you will find your little Angel Chi when you have the time to relax a little and enjoy him/her.

Please stay with the forum, don't leave us just because you have had to postpone getting your own Chi. Keep reading all the great advice, etc. and you'll be prepared when your Chi comes home to you.

Good luck with all the studies.

Ditto

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Sounds like you have made a very mature decision. You will have your chi some day, so look forward to that day. I second the idea that you continue to be an active part of the forum. You can gain so much valuable knowledge to help you when you do get yuor chi. Good luck with your studies.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i commend your unselfish decision to postpone getting a puppy. you seem to have really thought about the pro's and cons and are making a very responsible decision. good luck with your studies! and drop in when you can, let us know what you are up to... and good luck with the new man too ;)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Suzi, your decision, while it is hard, it SO RESPONSIBLE. The fact that you know your limit and are willing to sacrifice your want for a chi because you know you won't be able to give it 100% of your time shows great self-awareness and maturity. One day you'll find the time, and get the perfect chi! In the mean time don't leave us here, we'll keep your appetite wheted with lots of pictures and stores!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I think you made a great decision, Suzi. You have our support!! Good luck! :thumbright: :D :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I commend you for thinking with your head and not your heart i can see how difficult it is for you - but you will get a time in your life when you are ready for the HUGE committment of owning a dog - was your dog smooth haired lol I could get her :lol:

I hope you still come on here :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
oh SUZI SUZI SUZI...........its ok and I agree with what everyone has said here...........stay in touch :D noone has your wit :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts