Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
without little Misty pitter-pattering around. We drove north today to meet her new mommy and the adoption went really well, I've got a good feeling about these people! Of course I got teary-eyed when I told her goodbye but I think she'll be just fine. She'll have a 5y/o lab and a kitty for siblings which I'm sure will help balance out all the energy shes got; and Misty took to her daughter right away. She'll be getting weekend visits from the grandchildren too from what I was told. I feel good about it; though I do miss her.
These next few days are going to be so slow until we pick up my Tequila Rose (powderpuff crested) on Tuesday; I'm excited but nervous for the 5 hour drive (I LOVE traveling but don't exactly have the most faith in my car LOL) but OH is keeping me sane and distracted.
After posting the update about Misty on FB; one of Ellie's puppies owners commented and told me how great he was doing with their family, which made me feel really good to hear. She has the LC white/cream boy that I almost kept. He's definitely found his place though lol.
The hardest part now will be saying no when another rescue comes around; our states legal limit is 4 and I don't want to draw any attention to us by having more dogs than we're allowed. I just keep telling myself when I get my little house near the lake I'll have that chance again. That's a good couple years off though. Meanwhile it's time to focus and put all my energy into my permanent bundles.... anyway just wanted to update on Misty. Gatsby is the one who misses her most, as the two of them were always cuddling (those SC's always stickin' together. ;))

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Sighs* I know. I'm just admittedly very impatient sometimes LOL. Here's the last pic I took of Misty this morning before we left, she and Gatsby were sound asleep....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts