Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus has been scratching like mad at the bottom of her rib cage like mad it's doing my head in. I've looked for fleas on both girls, none she has no dry skin is fed raw and has no reactions is given salmon oil every other day!

What's causing it?? She's 16 weeks I wondered if it was her coat coming in?? I remember daisy being a big scratcher at this age but she wa always sick so never thought about it??

Last resort is smothering her in coconut oil and giving her a bath.. Lol she HATES baths haha

Any ideas???

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lily scratches a lot when she needs a brushing and her fur is coming out,maybe she was bitten by a midgy thing .

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be her puppy coat coming out I'll bathe and groom her and see what hdppens

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Whenever my girls shed, they itch - and both are shedding and itching right now! Usually a bath helps

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daisy doesn't shed other than in summer lotus is 16 weeks I don't think her puppy coat is coming out as I have no hair on me but then I didn't notie daisys much she has been smothered in coconut oil bathed conditioned blow dried and brushed panicked at the blow dryer lol seems to have helped a little

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah no chewing it isn't an allergy as she has no other symptoms I've bathed her and thoroughly checked her Not even a speck of dry skin I think it's her adult coat coming in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts