Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Chiquita...She came to the shelter she was about 4 weeks old badly infested with fleas and ticks...and so skinny you could see every bone in her body. I took her home with me to foster her but fell inlove with her and decided to keep her. I couldn't tell you how many baths it took to completly get rid of all the fleas and ticks from her. I remember nights sitting in bed scratching all over from washing her. It didn't take long to get her fat but her muscle was not toning up When she was 7 weeks old she was finally at a weight to have her shots and wormed again. She was in great health OR ATLEAST I THOUGHT. One day she just calapsed I rushed her to the vet and found out she had Coccidia ( http://meds.bappy.com/cocc.html ) She was at the vets for 2 days and got the ok to come home. She had to be force fed till she ate on her own After a week she began to eat on her own. Her muscle tone was starting to build up and I was so happy. A week later I wake up and she is dead. We had an Exam done on her her insides were so badly damaged from the Coccidia her body could not mend itself it had tried with the medication and her own but she was to bad inside the whole time she had been fighting to make herself well..I will always remember her Because I have saved over a thousands dogs life but Ill always remember her because she was one I couldnt save :cry:

As you can see from this picture she had no muscle tone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm so sorry she has gone, but I'm sure her short life was happier than if you had not taken her home.

If you have rescued all those little lives, then you deserve wings.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
So sorry to hear she didn't make it , but you did your best and for that she's thankful. When I fostered kittens, I had lost some to Coccidia. It really brings these little guys down so fast. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Awwh thats so sad, that story made tears well up in my eyes. That is so incredibly sad her poor little body fighting for survival. Atleast she is good now. I believe that EVERY puppy/dog/person comes to earth to learn something. Maybe you were the person to teach her exactly what she need to learn..... Once she learned what she needed to she was able to go home, with the lasting memory that you loved her.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Shelly said:
Awwh thats so sad, that story made tears well up in my eyes. That is so incredibly sad her poor little body fighting for survival. Atleast she is good now. I believe that EVERY puppy/dog/person comes to earth to learn something. Maybe you were the person to teach her exactly what she need to learn..... Once she learned what she needed to she was able to go home, with the lasting memory that you loved her.

wow shelly. that was very sentimental to me to say. "once she learned what she needed to she was able to go home, with the lasting memory that you loved her." takes the hurt of my tasha bird having to be euthanized. thanks you for sharing how you view that. i appreciate it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts