Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A visual aid on the difference between kibble fed dogs and a raw fed one.....

Absolutely amazing! To those of us who feed raw, we know this is true. For those who are considering it - yes, it's awesome to not have to deal with kibble poops. :)

The Proof is in the Poo! | Prey Model Raw

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
That's amazing!

I can really tell the difference in switching to THK from kibble I can only imagine a chihuahua fed raw haha.

Thanks for the link Tracy

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I LOVE this, (Autumn) Lincoln's mom is so quarky :) It truly astounds me the amount of poop that kibble dogs give out. Working at the Vet/daycare we pick up quick a bit of poop, it grosses me out the amount of poop some dogs have. I feel bad for them.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hahahaha....just put this on my Chi FB today. ;) LOVE IT!! Kibble poos are discusting. When we had our "houseguest" I had to feed him ZiwiPeak because I just couldn't stand it. That's baaaad but his owner knew I was feeding him the good stuff while he was here so I didn't feel that bad. LOL That difference was instantanious I swear.....

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's kinda cool, isn't it? :)

To be fair though, who knows what 'kind' of kibble the dalmatian ate. It could have been Old Roy. For people feeding ultra premium, mostly meat kibbles, grain free, canned or ZiwiPeak etc..... the difference wouldn't be as astounding.

Having said that - there is a huge difference between processed foods and fresh ones in how the body uses and absorbs the foods. That's just the bottom line.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Interestingly enough, the dalmatian normally eats Raw/Barf, only ate nothing but kibble for 3 days before to get the picture.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Didn't see that part Heather. I'm surprised there was any solid poo at all in that case! I think if I switched to kibble we'd have some horrible diarrhea for several days. LOL

That is true Tracy...it would be interesting to see what food the kibble dog was fed.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
It looks like the dal was fed a cheaper kibble.
Dahlia eats TOTW and has tiny firm poos.
The dal had malformed fluffy, blobby poos.
It doesnt seem like he had premium kibble.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I totally agree. I fed grain free Orijen before RAW but when I visited my auntie the other week, Feodore ran in her kitchen and ate a bowlfull of Bakers kibble (cheap nasty flourescent stuff). The next two days he did about a months worth of poo! The picture doesn't show the smell either, raw poos don't smell, but kibble poos- MY GOD they smell unnatural. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and stop kibble being invented!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I love this it's fab in a gross way!! Those poos kill me!!!

When rachel picked Paige up she pooed and I nearly died from the size and the smell it was vile!!

Holly I'm with you on the back in time

·
Registered
36 Posts
ok how much raw would you feed a chi,
my huskies are on a half raw half kibble diet and i feed the youngest 300gms of raw food, gizzards,wings,heart,liver etc
but obv i cant feed that amount to my chi when he arrives so how much do you feed?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
It depends on the weight of the dog. It's 2-3 % of their projected adult weight depending how active they are or up to 10% of their current weight if a pup

Have a look at the sticky on here there's everything you need to know in it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts