Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know my sister is having a baby! A GIRL - - YAY!! Well I wanted to give her a little more than just a "gift" at her shower, I wanted it to have meaning and be truly from the heart so I made her a quilt and two matching pillows. It is my first quilt ever so I know there are boo-boos but for the most part I am pleased with it. I am getting ready to start quily number two:D A bright one, maybe even something she can use on the floor for play time and stuff.
Top side

Underside

and the rectangle pillow is different on the other side...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Those are beautiful! I wanted to get into quilting a while back, but it seemed to be so complicated so I gave up. Is it as hard as it looks? I might try to give it another try sometime. Your sister and baby are lucky! They have a sister/aunt who can make them lots of goodies!:D

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Wow! Thats beautiful..I love the colors:)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone =) I am pretty happy with it. I started cutting out my squares for the next one, they will be lots smaller though so more work but I really enjoy it.

Shelly, it was really easy, at least I thought so. I did a really simple one, cut my squares and laid them out on my diningroom tablet in the pattern I wanted and I sewed them together one row at a time and then I sewed the rows together. Then placed the front right side up, back right side down with the batting on top and then sewed them all together leaving an opening to pull it through right-side out and then sewed it closed and added the binding (that was actually the hardest part being sure it lined up on both sides so the stitching would catch. Gosh I hope that makes sense LOL...pm on here or message me on myspace if you have any questions, or search on line for free quilting patterns. =)

The pink and brown looks really good together, those are the colors my sister wanted. It is hard to tell in the pictures but one square is brown (obviously lol) one is pink and brown stripes, one is really light solid pink and the darker pink actually has tiny little dots of brown on it. My next one has more pastel colors, more rainbow like...better get busy cutting LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts