Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
I don't think we have anything like this in the UK, a park is just a park, so you ALWAYS have to be careful. It's sad, but I never let mine off in the park...not worth the risk here unfortunately :(

Barbara x

·
Registered
539 Posts
There is no way I would take my small dogs or if I even had big dogs to a public park. I don't trust most humans to take proper precautions with their dogs. I am just too over protective and if my girls have to go on a trip somewhere they will be in their stroller when we touch ground somewhere.

That poor sweet baby, shame on the owners of both dogs!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i take bam to the dog park nearby a lot - theres a small dog and a large dog section. peopel are pretty good about knowing where they belong, but sometimes i do spot some big dogs in the small dog section but they are usulaly the older, very calm and very well behaved dogs. i don't mind them one bit, there was an old black lab that was about 120lbs and she coudl not have been gentler.

it is really important to keep a close watch on your dog at the dog park, even if a problem dog isn't visible at first glance, you jsut enver know what can happen. i never take my eyes off of bam and he is smart enough to know to back away from a bad situation. there was a french bulldog that was just a complete terror - barking and fighting and growling and biting everyone, all the owner could say was, what can we do, this is the only time he gets out! and i'm thinking... why?? why dont you take your dog out? no wonder he has all that pent up agression! bam stayed far away from him.

dog parks are great for meeting people and other nice dogs, but you also run into unpleasant things all teh time. this family came and brought their 2 very misbehaved kids to the dog park (they did not own a dog) and let them loose in teh small dog park, they proceeded to chase and grab all small dogs they could, i had to keep bam far away from them.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I like that they have a section for 15 and under, up to 35 and then 35 and over.
That sounds really nice, I like that it's not just small dogs/big dogs but rather by weight categories, especially when it comes to having two little 5 pounders!

I don't use dog parks anymore after the bad experiences Bruce and Lola had there. And my heart certainly goes out to the couple that lost their little dog so tragically. :(

21 - 26 of 26 Posts