Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else's Chi have a problem with the reverse sneeze / snort? When Charley gets really excited the reverse sneezing starts. It looks and feels as though he's pulling the sneeze from the tip of his tail through his whole body.

A long time ago I read that this can be normal with Chi's and that I should hold him and talk soothingly to him to calm him down, which I do, but sometimes I still worry when it lasts longer than a minute.

Of course, the reason I'm posting at 2:48 in the morning is b/c 1.it seems to be the only time I have time and 2.Out of the blue Char-Char started doing his reverse sneeze under the covers while we were sleeping. (He's laying here in my lap as I type alternately licking my legs clean and giving me the wistful "can we go back to bed mommy?" look ... I think I'll oblige him.)

Shannon :flower:

PS ... I think I got the hang of the picture posting thing ... you guys are really in for it. Here's a pic of my Char-Char sleeping.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! I'm not the only one up at this time of night ... even though you are a couple of hours behind me. Char-Char gave up on me and has now gone to the kitchen to eat. :geek:

Thanks for the compliment ... I'll pass it on! 8)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes! The painful hairball thing is what I'm talking about!

BTW ... I never did go back to sleep ... I ended up getting to work at 6:30 and JUST NOW got home! I'll be crashing very soon! :sleepy2:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
luv4mygirls said:
i have an article in the articles section that is very informative about this topic :wave:

when chiwi did it the first time i was sooo scared! i heard larger dogs do it before (and pugs too) but never something as small as a 1.10 pound puppy! the noise just sounded so different) now that she is nearly 3 pounds it sounds different and since i looked up on the internet and asked the vet lol i don't over react like i did the first time i heard it.
Thank you SOOOOOOO much for pointing your article out! I'm still learning my way around the board, so I hadn't thought of looking there. Perhaps I should do a little more exploring before I ask any more questions! :toothy7:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.