Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend was so terrifying for me. It all started Thursday afternoon. Me and my son came inside to get some cheetos when we go back outside Hershey is huddled into a ball and looking sad. My son runs over to pet her and tell her it is OK. I pick her up and she starts crying and her leg is just hanging there like it is broken :shock: . She cries and even snaps at me for touching it. I was in tears. I have no idea what happened but she was in pain and maybe even had a broken leg. Thank god it turned out not to be broke. That whole day she didn't want to move from her bed. The next day it was like nothing happened. She was running and jumping like nothing happened. I cried and cried :cry: thinking I was such a bad mommy because I was not watching her. Just a few seconds away can cause such a terrable experience.
The good thing is that she forgives me and her personality has not changed. I am glad she is still not afraid of anything.
I would just die if anything happened to her. She is like my second child.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
awww poor baby she probably just banged it on something I am glad it was nothing serious and she is back to normal today - I think there is a lesson for us all in this :wave:

·
Registered
568 Posts
What a scary experience. I am so glad that your baby is fine. I would have been a wreck too since my babies are like my kids.

Leslie

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
aww

well it's good that hershey is feeling better.. i hope she stays that way.. :wink:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
His leg might have popped out of its socket, Toby my first chi had that now and again, so did my daughter frequently when she was little with her wrists, and elbow..YUK! SOOOO PAINFUL :?

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
That would be scary I would have been panicked. So glad she is OK I am always worried something will happen to Auggie in a flash cause you cannot wtch them every minute :roll:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am just so glad that it was nothing worse. It would be a terrable thing for my family if anything worse would have really happened. My mom even called back and asked if Hershey was ok. That was nice because my mom was not into me getting a little dog but everyone who gets to know Hershey ends up loving her.

I thought it might have been a bone poping out of socket also. Does that usually fix itself.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm so glad to hear Hershey is OK today. They do take years off your life sometimes don't they. Minx is tiny 3.5 lbs and she leapt off my lap last night before I could grab her. I'm always afraid she'll injure her legs if she does that, whereas Brooke is nearly twice her weight so I don't worry about her jumping off the couch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts