Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't know, my sisters 10 year old standard poodle has been missing since Aug 29th, she has been spotted multiple times this week along a popular bike/horse/walking trail. So my dad, sisters, brothers etc have all spent a lot of time searching for her. Tuesday my dad and I walked 7 miles. She is very timid/leary of people she doesn't know that's why her brother was caught (by the people who originally chased them) and Monet wasn't.

Shellie (my Golden Retriever) and I walked 5 miles this am then another 8 miles this afternoon to continue the search for my sisters standard poodle Still no success in finding her, but talked to someone who saw her 2 hours before in the same location I was walking today. She held up like a trooper, towards the very end (last mile) her pad bled just a little bit, but only one the rest look good considering how much walking she's done. We've been putting stuff on them several times a day and gave her pain/anti-inflam's as soon as we got back...I took some too :) The anti-inflam's, I haven't walked this much in ages...well anytime, I normally maxed at about 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week. But this week I've walked 20 miles in just 2 days! We had a couple reported sightings today but we didn't see her. I think Shellie is going to need a break from walking for a week or two. I think she injured her leg jumping out of my dad's truck, she hates jumping downwards out/off of things, and even though it was from the floor of the cab she landed funny, then yelped and started limping when we went back to work, to get my 2 little dogs and my stuff, we will see how she is tomorrow. My dad looked at her and didn't see/feel anything. She came home tonight and fell sound asleep, she didn't even want her dinner (which is HIGHLY unusual for her).

Here are some pictures from today's walk/search (yes you can see them even if you aren't on facebook)
Search for Monet | Facebook

I think if I go out again, I'm going to have to take Strider, my sister's standard poodle. We don't have any more big dogs in my family who could handle it. I'm off to baby my sunburn (my mom gave me some leaves from her Aloe plant). Yep I was a dunce and didn't put on any sunscreen...so my neck/shoulders and legs are BURNT!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Beautiful pictures!! And Shellie is gorgeous. I'm so sad that you didn't find Monet. She must be so exhausted and so scared. I hope you find her soon.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
gorgeous pics :) hope she is found soon , i would probably take Strider with you anyway as this is what Monet knows :) , you never know she may just smell him coming :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Actually Monet knows Shellie, as she plays with her in daycare everyday. Dante is Monet's litter mate, but we pooped him out for a week or two on Tuesday. His pads were bleeding pretty bad after just about 3 miles. Strider plays in daycare with Monet (Strider belongs to my other sister). Confusing....we have 5 standard poodles in my family :) We hope we get some spottings/calls this weekend as we put around lots of posters.

Thank-you for the comments on Shellie, I love her red/golden coloring. She's a rescue (at about 5 months) because she was supposed to need shoulder surgery and her owners couldn't afford it. She ended up not needing the surgery (just a better diet) but has Diabetes Insipidus (she can't concentrate her urine) so has to have injections twice a day. They didn't want her back as it's about $40 a month for the stuff for her injections. She's normally pretty active/hyper, so the walking has been really good for her. She will be 2 next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts