Chihuahua People Forum banner

The Times, They Are A'Changing...

593 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ~LS~ 
#1 ·
Yes I'm a Bob Dylan fan. Saw him in concert once. But that's besides the point. Life has a funny way of throwing you curveballs. With the recent death to the family, a chain of events have lead to Rob and I inheriting a home. Actually, just blocks away from the lake and creek I'd taken pictures of Kahlua at that I posted last week. It is an unexpected move. But I look forward to being able to personalize the home as my own. The area is super dog friendly. I know this will probably be my last move at least in the foreseeable future; as I've always wanted to live in this community and feel very blessed. So, just wanted to get as many memories of the casual day at this home documented while I'm still here. I'm super sentimental lol. I even just finished rearranging the dog room a bit; as we got our pee pads in that we ordered!

Sushi modeling the peace hoodie I got from missy_r... it was supposed to be for Julian but the dark green and dark chocolate go so well lol.

Zoey got a bunch of hand-me-down jammies from a kind member on another forum. She's lovin' them!

Tequila Rose is.. a pot head.

My view of the couch on any given night... (thanks Julian for the huge grin lol)

Kahlua bearshowin'

Nappin' after bearshowin'...

Rearranged doggie room...

New potty setup! I just have the grass patch there so they "know" it's a potty lol. They are not used to pads so it's a transition!

Kahlua beggin' for belly rubs...

Thanks all for looking. I don't know how much spare time I'll have now that I'll need to start packing etc... as this is gonna happen in a matter of weeks, maybe a month... downside is they only have DSL out there... =/ But I'll make do, so I can still get my Chi People fix lol.

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh Kat that is great news, right?! I'm so happy for you and Rob. :)
Right now you guys rent, correct? So this will be your own home
together? That is very exciting, congrats. I know moving is tough
I did it recently. But it feels great. My favorite part was throwing
out or donating all the junk I accumulated over the years, it felt
so liberating. Now everything is down to a minimum, which I just
love, so does my OCD! Your pups are all very sweet, thanks for
the pics! I wish you a stress free move, and many happy years
in your new home. Lots of love! :love2:

#4 ·
ps: puppy room looks fun! :p :clown: :thumbright:

...but that bear must go!!! :toothy3: :nshocked1: :sad3:

#5 ·
LMAO!!! Oh, Kahlua has a few replacements already. I didn't find out til long after she fell in love with it that it was a 1986 vintage Snuggle bear toy. The first one cost me a quarter; and lets just say the replacements are much more LOL. It's crazy how she just constantly "shows" that thing. She loves it.
Yup we rent now. I'm gonna be so glad to have my OWN home. I already know I want a bistro table for the grungy back porch... I'm getting a victorian loveseat as a gift from a friend and want to make that the 'base' of my porch's decor. I envision breakfasts on the back porch. With lots of mosaic. I want to put my own artistic touch on everything.

#6 ·
Kat, Everything happens for a reason. I am happy for you, but so sorry about your Uncle. I love the puppy room. I'm sure the pups will too. When we built our house here we only had dsl for about 2 years then finally high speed came out this far. Just love your fur kids. (((hugs))) Thanks for sharing.

#9 ·
Lovely photos! And I have a pair of PJs identical to Zoe's little purple set with the sheep on. ;-) I love the puppy room!

Me, Romeo and Pax are moving soon to somewhere a bit bigger for us! I so wish you were in England so we could have Merlin come and live with us. Is that him on the far end of the sofa pic? Love him!!!! Good luck with the move - and hope it's as stress free as possible!

I too love Bob Dylan - we played 'Forever Young' at my dad's funeral - and my choice was Neil Young's 'Keep on Rockin in the Free World' at the end for my dad and all the grown up old hippies.

Rach

xx

#10 ·
Aww that's neat! I'm 25 but listen to the music my parents did when the were my age lol. Most modern stuff just doesn't cut it; though I admit to watching Idol and X Factor.

Yup that's squirrelly merley as I call him, lol. He's living up to his wizardly name; he's magically finding a way out of EVERY belly band I try on him. =P Even if one is snug, he'll sneak off under the futon in the doggie room, where it catches on the bottom rim and helps pull it off. =P

#11 ·
Yeah, I'm 32 and love my mum and dad's music too. :) Can't beat a bit a bit of Hendrix, Led Zeppelin etc. But I too love Idol and X Factor. :)

Ha ha, Merley sounds like a clever little dude!!!!! Really love that pic of them all on the sofa - they look so chilled out and relaxed. Can't wait til we move and the pups can have their own room... although in fairness - my living room IS the puppy room! So it will be nice for me to have a room again! ;-) Although they'll be in it with me all the time anyway - so no difference! ;-)

xxx

#12 ·
Kat, how exciting to have a new home in a community you love near a lake area you love with wonderful memories you can cherish. Thanks for sharinig your pics--they are GREAT! I love Julian smiling in the middle of the couch--how precious. So much personality in your bunch. Hope all goes well and easy with your move. Keep us posted and hope the DSL moves fast! lol

#15 ·
Haha you guys!! It's actually Tequila that's the pothead. But Julian's manners aren't much better. And for the record yes we do wash the dishes after the dogs have had their turns LOL. I am excited. I know there's a lot of work; but we are actually downsizing which is fine because well I have a lot of crap LOL. Not up to hoarder status yet as I do prefer a tidy house BUT I have a lot of belongings in storage. And honestly I just want rid of most of it... figure once I have the house and the land, I kinda want to start fresh. I have huge plans for my back porch. But first we just need the fence and gate installed... then redo the main level floor. And a new bathtub. Still, gotta plan decorating lol. I want my home simple and inviting.

#17 ·
And Chinese Cresteds!! LOL!! Now though, I need a new camera asap. I gave my other one away to my future sis-in-law so she can have one to take pix of her new baby that's due this month. My first time being an eventual aunt. I have a Fuji FinePix E550 but I just don't like it. Simple things like focus don't seem to be working properly. I need like, the cheapest, best camera for the value you can get. Because I'm a thrifty bargain hunter (Ok, I'm cheap. And proud.) I love doing photography so I want something a step above the average, but not professional... and inexpensive *crisp* images for the size. I don't need most photos over 8x10 so any additional megapixels go to waste. But what I want is focus, crispiness, detail.... Any ideas??

#18 ·
I have no clue Kat, but I need something similar as well. Mine is still broken. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.