Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if anyone's aware of this...but we almost weren't able to adopt Reuben because the breeder's vet detected a heart murmur. Turns out it was a 'low-grade'. something he may, or may not outgrow, we were told.
The breeder was VERY iffy about selling him because she didn't want us to take a pup who might not have a full, healthy life.
Turns out...the breeder's Vet wasn't that great...
Our vet just gave Reuben a full exam and he's healthy as a clam...NO HEART MURMUR at all!!!
NONE!
Zero...
ZIP...
PERFECTO!!!!!!!!!!
What, my vet, guessed the other doctor heard was Reuben's heavy (nervous) breathing...because he's such a wee pup, it's entirely possible that he couldn't differentiate between the two! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)
Jill

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That is wonderful news! Something similiar happened with a vet misdiagnosing Harley too. It wasn't for a heart murmur, but for his molera. She thought it was going to lead to hydrocephalus, because it was on "the larger side". We then found out that it is a common mistake vets make when they don't know chihuahua's too well. We recently took him to a check-up and he still has his molera but closed a bit from when he was a puppy. :) I'm so glad Reuben is FINE, I know what a relief that must be. :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Yeah Reuben!!! Congrats!!

If it makes you feel any better, my chi had a heart murmur and he lived 21 years - perfectly healthy and happy!! He just had a little heart medication he started taking around 15 years of age.

I hope Reuben continues to have a clean bill of health!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
YAY!! Thats fantastic!! Great for you and rueben you will make one heck of a pair.. and he is soooo cute..
best wishes
XOXOXOX
Roie and Scoot

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
My little brother had a heart murmer detected when he was little but we was only told last year :shock: THEY FORGOT TO TELL US. But now when they check it... its not there so we think the doctor wrongly detected it too!
Glad your babys fine :wave:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Cooper said:
Yeah Reuben!!! Congrats!!

If it makes you feel any better, my chi had a heart murmur and he lived 21 years - perfectly healthy and happy!! He just had a little heart medication he started taking around 15 years of age.

I hope Reuben continues to have a clean bill of health!!

21 years!!? Wow you were so lucky! I wish Tiffany could have lived that long, but i guess even 21 years wouldn't have been long enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts