Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sharing a couple more of Eden's babies. Everyone except for Fido (who has been renamed Leon by his daddy Garrison) is now just over 11 ounces. Little Leon has barely made it past 9 ounces!! They are becoming more and more vocal each day, finding their inner bark. Momma Eden is doing well, keeping her children in line. =)

May the puppy breath make it's way to you all!!! xxx

Spot:

Patches:

Leon:

Spike:

Eve, meeting her big sister Kahlua =)

Tis all for now! The wigglier they get the harder it is to get good pictures LOL.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Precious! How lucky they are to be spending Christmas in your loving home. :love2:

Reactions: LostLakeLua

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
SO CUTE. I am obsessed with these puppies. I'm sure it's hard work, you guys are such kind souls for taking Eden in and then dealing with a litter.

Kahlua looks very interested in her new baby sister!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, everybody for your kind words! And Lindsay, they are VERY fortunate not to be blind or deaf. I was very worried initially, especially when most of them were colored like mom (as often the double merle gene is expressed with mostly white) but whoever dad was must have been "normal" as they can all hear and see. Their eyes all opened to reveal nice and shiny black eyes (unlike Eden, who basically has no eyes at all, just pink tissue where they ought to be.) and they're responding very well to sounds. I feel very blessed that they are healthy, you have no idea how stressful those first 2 1/2 weeks were for me. Now is the fun part; weaning onto raw and desensitizing them and preparing them for the world! =D I do worry how Eden will handle her spay, as since she's been at our home she has not left and had plenty of time to adapt to the environment. She rarely bumps into anything and as she gets more confident she moves around faster, the guests we have don't always know she's visually & hearing impaired until I mention it. I'm just afraid that when she goes in for her spay and then returns home, she may have to "start over" but that is a bridge we'll cross when we get to it. So far she's proven to be a very resilient and smart little girl so I have plenty of faith in her. <3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts