Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was another of just Ruby scheduled to come out in February but I have not yet seen it. Both at Hallmark Gold Crown. Another of Ruby will be out this month on an end cap at WMart.

She just had another shoot a few weeks back so I hope to see her on more things! Poor Eden. She missed the first opportunity (we did not have her yet) and Ruby was the only one chosen this time. Anyway, here it is. Sorry for the sort of rude caption. I did not get any editorial consideration as a part of their contract.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh Karen, this is SO cool! What a beautiful shot too!
If I were you I'd buy all of them, lol. :coolwink:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That is so cool!! How did you get them on a Hallmark card!? Did they like, have to audition for a photographer? Or do you just submit the pictures? That is so awesome, I'm gonna keep an eye out for them and buy one just so I can say I "know" the dogs on it LOL

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kat-the story is here. We did submit photos, they came and "scouted" them and took their own photos and then they were entered into a database. Then as projects come up, clients come in and view photos of pets, people, babies, whatever is the theme or whatever they have requested. Then they choose and you get a call.
http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chi-chat/66571-modelling-2.html

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Oh my Gosh! I love the caption too :D
I have to look for this card in stores. So we have celebrities here on Chi Ppl now :hello1:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Oh my goodness! They are so cute! I am going to see if
I can find the card and buy it now!!!! :D

( I know the caption is crude, but it is kind of funny lol )

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pictures were taken by a photographer, I did not take them and sadly, since they were paid for their work, the contract states that I cannot use their pictures in any way. They did have a stylist and an art director as well each time. No hair, wardrobe nor makeup...haha!

Ruby's newest shoot images are so good/cute/funny. It was a portrait shoot rather than location shoot that this image is from. It was in studio and they wanted ears, whiskers, tongue and mainly her head. They did some shots of her feet and tail as well, but she has an unusually long tongue so they were fascinated by that and got a ton of shots of that (Trader Joe's peanut butter on her nose did the trick-she'd never had PB before!).

If you have companies in the town/area in which you live and pet images could/would be used, submit photos. I was asked to submit them because I work for the corporation (our worldwide headquarters is in our city) and someone there knew that I got puppies.

From the shots I sent, they were chosen to scout and that is when they came to the house and snapped professional images of them and the house. The photos went in a database and are pulled out as part of talent selection as relevant to a project.

The clients choosing the pictures have no idea anything about the pets but unlike human models, I do not know if we fly in animals. Our human models (even children) are from talent agencies all over the U.S.

The in home shoot we were paid for the girls and the use of the house. I have had fun donating their earnings.

Honestly, Ruby is likely chosen (I am guessing since I am not in on talent selection at my corporation-there are 5,000 people in my buildings) because she could be anyone's dog, they like her squinty eyes and the flop ears. None of my girls would ever be chosen for an AKC shoot as an example. They were bred to standard but did not turn out that way. They would never be used for standard shots for the breed. We have 2 underbites and 1 set of floppy ears and that is just the start. They are precious to us but we recognize/accept their imperfections.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The other card (I have not found it yet) is just Ruby and it says "I spent all afternoon spelling out Happy Birthday on your bedspread. You're welcome." I did think that one was funny!

The one coming out this month in WM, she is in a multi-pack of cards (consumers chose her as the first card on the pack-yay!) and it is just her and some orange swirls and big letters that say "HI!" or "Hi, there!" or something like that. I figured that I could use that one for about anything.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Top of my list when I go to Walmart today...And please keep us posted as the others come out. I would love to have some of the notecards!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This card is at Hallmark Gold Crown.
However, the other card pack that Ruby is the first card is to be out this month so it could be there since it is now March.
Let me know if you see it!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts