Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone finally caught Monet (my sister's standard poodle)! She has been missing & on her own since Aug 29th, so for almost a month. Despite huge efforts in the last week to try and catch her, she has evaded everyone. A police officer called on a rabies tag. She is in pretty rough shape which I can imagine, but I am so relieved I am crying right now. Thank-you everyone for your thoughts, prayers & to many many people who helped search for her. We are going to take down the 'lost' signs and put up "Thank-you signs" instead :) So many people in the community have been helping us search for Monet.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a relief!!!! Oh, this is the BEST news of the day. Thank you so much Heather for posting this. I'm so relieved and happy that Monet will soon be back home with her family. Your sister must be beside herself!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I am so happy to hear this news Heather! I know you guys must be so relieved! Bless her heart! I hope she's okay. A little tender loving care should have her back in tip top shape in no time. So happy for you guys!!! :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Oh thats brilliant!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, she's really bad off, she collapsed while she was being chased by a police officer, she has maggots on her shoulder, is malnourished and dehydrated. :-( I hope she makes it alright, poor thing.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Thanks guys, she's really bad off, she collapsed while she was being chased by a police officer, she has maggots on her shoulder, is malnourished and dehydrated. :-( I hope she makes it alright, poor thing.
prayers still being said for Monet and her family :)

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Ah that is brilliant news - poor thing, I bet you can't wait to get her home and give her all the home comforts she has been missing.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Poor darling. So glad they were able to catch her. Healing prayers sent for her recovery. Bless her heart!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Poor baby.I am praying for her that she does good.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Heather, how is she? Why Maggots? Was she injured? That is so sad! I'm so sorry! I hope she is able to get all better. That just breaks my heart. :(

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heather, how is she? Why Maggots? Was she injured? That is so sad! I'm so sorry! I hope she is able to get all better. That just breaks my heart. :(
She is really weak (can barely hold her head up) severely emaciated (skin & bones), has a wound on her shoulder/leg foot like she was attacked or in a fight with something (that's why the maggots---which in a nasty way they have helped her as they have eaten the rotting/diseased flesh and kept the infection at bay. If she wasn't so weak, she probably wouldn't have let the police officer catch her, as several people have been trying to catch her but she's too skittish around strangers. She is on IV fluids, is getting frequent small meals, and is getting loved up by family & her littermate/brother Dante who was lost with her but he was caught the 1st day as he's friendlier to strangers than she is.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so very sorry. :( :( Please let me know how she's doing. I will pray for her that she recovers very fast.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts