Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are growing up so so so fast! Gaige gets smarter every single day. It's amazing. He has actually been telling me that he wants to go to school. I seriously get sad when I think about that. He's my only baby. It's not fair for him to want to go to school already. It's not fair that he's so big either. I just want him to be little bitty again. I included a picture of that too so you all can see what I'm talking about lol.

Dawn is getting pretty big too. She was so tiny when we first got custody of her and now she's a lot taller. I don't have any baby pictures of her to show you. I am in the process of putting together a scrap/baby book for her. My bfs gma has baby pics of her and she's letting me use those :). Her biological mom took her original baby book and won't send it back to us. Doesn't surprise me though, she probably doesn't even have it anymore. Blah! Oh! She's totally potty trained now. I don't know what happened. She just all of the sudden started going #1 and #2 in the potty. Now we're working on behavior in public. I refuse to take a child to a public place if they are going to have fits through out the entire trip. But, she's getting better. It's easier to deal with her now that my bf has joined my side and we work together instead of against one another.

About to go down the slide at the park.

He was eating a donut and opened his mouth the minute I snapped the pic. I thought it was cute...but...that's me lol

No, he doesn't take a pacifier. In fact, he has never taken one..except for about 6 wks after he was born. Then he realized nothing comes out of it. But, he found one for the dolls in the toybox and this is how I found him. I made that Care Bear blanket he's covering up with by the way lol. He doesn't sleep without it.

Swimming at my grans house. Her hands are soooo little.

I'm not sure about this one...kinda looks like she's high huh? I promise she's not lol

Gaige was "reading" a story to her at my grans house.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Seriously they are both so cute! Dawn is so beautiful, she really reminds me of my daughter. I have tons of pictures of Alex 'high' in them!

Alex has been bugging me to go to school forever! That was her main motivation in wanting to be potty trained. The 15th will be her first day in pre-school and I am so sad but so happy at the same time that she will be having lots of fun. She also has a friend of hers that will be in the same class.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kari : :wave: It's good to know someone elses kid takes the "i'm high" pics too lol

It's so unfair that they have to grow up and leave me :( Gaige just can't wait! He actually has his book bag and everything all ready to go. Except, he can't start for another year. Dawn can start this year, but we're not sure if we want to send her or wait another year. We think she might develope even more over the next year. Since she has grown up so much over the past few months. My bf wants to send her just so I'll get a break from her (the fits get outragious sometimes), but that's not why you send a kid to school. So, I'm just kinda looking into it. Chances are she'll be going next year instead.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Check this one out! I had to take the pic because she got all messy eating an oreo. But look how 'high' she looks!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
pinkprincess21, Gaige and Dawn are so cute..

I rememebr when Amanda was that tiny.... She was so sweet when she was 2 and 3.... She loved going every where with me... and I have so many cool pictures of her...

I am very happy that dawn finally got the potty thing wroked out...

I know one thing that worked for me while in public with a tantrum making child...

I was in Bi-Mart with my mom and Amanda one day (think she was 3) Amanda decided to start a crying and screaming scene... I told her to stop but she wouldn't (I was att the check out stand) I excused myself form the check out stand and walked Amanda over tho the wall and told her this is your corner and you will stand there until you can stop crying and screaming... I walked back to the check out stand.. the clerk thanked me for scolding her.. she said most people just let their kids go wild...

It made Amanda stop and think what she was doing was wrong aND SHE STOPPED and it made me feel good that some one appreciated me doing something about it... Se I really can't stand kids that throw fits in public places adn I will not stand for my own kids to act like that....

To this day Amanda has never thrown a fit in public and she is the best behaved and uses her manners when we take her places....

I was really glad that the first time I did it she got the hint and learned the lesson...

good luck and God bless

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I don't let my daughter do that either. I will physically remove Alex if she acts up. :lol: She's 4, so she still sometimes wants to test the boundaries. :x

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Gadget'sMom :)

That's a good idea Gadget'sMom. I might try that out sometime. With my luck though she'd just scream more. Which is usually what happens. Tonight her dad dealt with it though. She started throwing a fit because she didn't want to go to bed, well the fit quickly became an ear peircing scream that made me want to pull my hair out. Usually I just ignore her. Turn my radio up louder, go in the living room and turn the tv up until I don't hear her anymore. A few times I just walked outside and left her in there to scream. But, tonight, she did it when her dad was home (which she never ever does) and he went in there and told her to knock it off. It seems to have more of an effect when he does something about it.

My friend told me to sit her in the corner when she does it at home and for every time she has to be told to be quiet or get her nose back in the corner, add another minute to the time. I might try that too.

I was taught early on that kids are supposed to be quiet in public and use thier manners. I can't STAND to see a kid having a fit in a grocery store or wal-mart. Drives me CRAZY!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
:x :x I can't believe the irony of this but we just got back from the grocery store and Alex was the WORST behaved ever!!! I was so dang mad. And to make it worse, it was me, my bf and her, my bf (her father) kept taunting her and making the whole thing worse. I am so irritated right now!!! :x :x

·
Registered
837 Posts
Beautiful Pics PinkPrincess, Dawn and Gaige are goregous!
Alex is gorgeous too Kari!

I work part time as a check out chick and I HATE it when kids throw tantrums and the parents do nothing! I had one bou once (about 3) who through the biggest tantrum cause his mum wouldnt get him a packet of mentos (lollies) and she ended up picking him up and so the kid proceeded to beat his mother with his hat screaming "I want it!' at the top of his lungs and his mother did nothing!!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kari- my bf does that to Dawn!! It makes me so friggin' mad! A couple times I just walked away from them cause I knew she'd start getting loud and having a fit about something and I wasn't about ready to be around when it happened. He had to deal with it. Bet he won't taunt her anymore in the store lol.

Peppy's Mum- If I were that lady I would have left the store and come back to do my shopping when I could find someone to watch the kid. It's ridiculous to have a kid act that way! When my son has fits (never in public...usually just at home...and they're few and far between) he hits me and I end up spankin' his butt for it. Then he settles down and hugs me. Chances are if he's having a fit it's because he's just cranky and tired.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The problem I had with Amanda is her dad would never discipline her when she was over there.... So she would come home and be a real pain in the butt... She started her crap one night and I put her in the corner and she screamed at me... "I do this at dads house and don't get into trouble for it."

So I call her other mom and talk to her(I usually get somewhere with Sally when I don't get through to her dad.. and then Sally deals with dad.) and I told her what Amanda did and what she said and Sally told me that her dad never does anything about her tantrums and he doesn't scold her when she does something wrong...

that went on for years.. then one day he was suppose to meet me half way so I could get her back and he called me up screaming at me and going off on me about her not brushing her hair because I did it all the time for her... and so on and so on... well, I got really mad.. I told him no I didn't brush her hair except when I put her hair up in the monrning before school but I always made her brush her hair first... how else is she going to learn how to do it.. he flipped out on me.. then he said she told them I picked out her clothes and I dresssed her.. well, I did help her pick them out,but I had her go into her closet and pick out what she wanted to wear... if she came down with something that looked awful together I would tell her that didn't go together and I would tell her that she needs a what ever color shirt for this skirt or pants and what color she needed to go with that shirt.. then she would deside from there which she wanted to put together and she usually figured it out.... but she told him that I got her clothes out and put them on her... She was in the first grade.... I was trying to teach her how to take care of herself and how to match her clothes... so I told her dad "Gee Brian when did you open your eyes and start carrying" well, he hung up on me... Mark was still at work.. I called him up and told him he better go meet Brian because if I did I was going to go off on him big time and I wouldn't stop... Well, he told me to calm down and give him Brians cell number and he went after her.... after that I have never had any problems with Dad letting Amanda get away with everything...

now when she goes over there and does something wrong she gets into trouble and has to deal with it...

IT only took him 7 years to wake up and deal with life....

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thank god he finally opened his eyes! I was glad when my bf finally decided to side with me when it came to that stuff. Cause it was driving me crazy. I would punish her for something and he would come in and baby her for the next hour to make her think she didn't have to listen to me. I finally told him that if it didn't stop, he would have to find a sitter for her while he's at work because I wasn't putting up with it anymore. Now he doesn't but in when I'm punishing her and when I can't handle it, he steps in and takes over with the punishment. It's a lot easier to deal with a kid when there is a team effort. One parent can not do the disciplining while the other parent lets the kid slide all the time for the same stuff. It's not possible.

I think the main problems my bf and I had with raising Dawn together was that he was raised completely differently than me. My grandparents taught me my manners, taught me to respect other peoples property, and how to behave in public. His grandmother let him get away with everything under the sun. That's the problem we have. He's learning though...and if he don't...we'll go back to the babysitter idea.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
The problem with my daughter and bf is he has NEVER disciplined her. I do everything for my daughter, good stuff and bad. He likes to say that kids throw fits because they are spoiled, because I buy her things when it isn't a special occasion. I grew up without anything at all so yes my daughter is going to have everything I didn't.

I try to tell him that she doesn't listen to him because he doesn't pay much attention when she speaks. Simple things like asking for some chocolate milk or to play with her, going unoticed, can be a huge deal to child. When she asks me something, I acknowledge her right away, after all she is a still a person, eventhough she is a child. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
They are both so cute!
They do grow up fast don't they? My oldest is going into 3rd grade and my youngest, my little baby, is going into 1st :shock: ! Time is flying by!
I am pretty much out of the tantrum stage w/ my boys. My oldest never whines and really hasn't thrown a tantrum since he was like 2. Matt, he is my little handful. He has the occasional attitude but I can get it under control pretty quickly.
:)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kelly- thanks :) I know once it's time for the kids to both start school I'll be ok, I'll flip out at first though lol. But, they'll be fine :) I'm going to be one of those crying moms though lol...probably everyday for the first year :lol:.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I was lost at the beginning of last school year. I had stopped working, both boys were in school. I didn't know where to put my self. I'll be o.k. this year. I am looking forward to the alone time :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts