Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have a set of carpeted stairs (they're a bit more spendy) that we got from the Dr's Foster & Smith catalog. Our Chi's zip up and down the bed all day long. Stairs are worth having!

·
Registered
642 Posts
That is really cute and a good investment!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Cute and a good price! Maybe you could get a carpet remnant and wrap it around each step and staple or nail it from underneath to make for surer footing and to make slipping less likely for Cooper. :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I was thinking about getting some carpet for the steps. I was excited about it being $14.99! I saw the one that someone mentioned at Drs. Foster and Smith, but it's about $70 for the stairs plus $15-20 shipping and handling with tax... whew! For an unemployed sap like me, $15 + S&H is much better! :D

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Thats nice, i have a tiny antique table that i chopped the legs 1/2 off of and covered with leopard print that Rosie uses.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
How funny I got that mag in the mail yesterday want like everything in it :lol: It didn't have that in it but I saw an adorable little wrought iron dogbed I'd like to get. I don't think my 2 chickens would use those stairs :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They do have lots of cute stuff in their mags... and it makes it really hard to not buy everything because it's so cheap! :D

I saw that bed... I know Cooper wouldn't get on it, but I've been thinking about buying it for OmaKitty. But she's got her own queen sized bed with a pillowtop and her own pillow and sheets... so maybe I could get it for me since I don't have my own bed. :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I think it looks great. I've gotten some stuff from that company. Some of it was kinda crappy but most of their things are surprisingly nice for the money. You can always tack on some carpet remnants if you think they're needed.

Let us know how you make out because I might like to get that for Miss Lily too... though I think she'd be scared to death of it. We'd have to work up to it verrrrry gradually. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will do... I've already placed the order and I'll be getting carpet remnants from my parents (they've got berber!) when we're there next week.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Those are really cute steps, and cheap too. I do think I would tack some carpet on the steps to prevent slipping.

I'm not sure if Jazzy would use them though. She jumps on and off the couch and beds all the time - it's a game to her. When she's doing her zoomies in the living room she makes a figure 8 around the coffee table and the dining table, with a side detour of jumping on one couch and then the love seat and down for another figure 8. I get dizzy just watching her. :lol:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I bought this little "cat box" at Wal Mart for $10.00 for the boys to use. It is carpeted and just the right size. It is easy to move anywhere in the house. Works great! :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
sjc said:
I bought this little "cat box" at Wal Mart for $10.00 for the boys to use. It is carpeted and just the right size. It is easy to move anywhere in the house. Works great! :)
That's a wonderful idea! Every time I mention to my husband about building something for Tucker to use to get up on the furniture, hubby says that we don't have room for it. This would work out great in our small house! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those are adorable! I have ramps I made for mine out of the filler you use in stuffed animals, and they love them. I was always so worried about then jumping off because I didnt want them to get hurt, and the ramps have given me peace of mind

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Since Cooper just had knee surgery and is having surgery on his other back knee in a month or so, I wanted to get something to make it easier and better on his joints for him getting up and down off the couch. I made a ramp - a very unsuccessful ramp - out of 2x4 and a small rug that he wouldn't even TRY to use. It's now a kitty scratcher for OmaKitty. She loves it.

We all worry about our pups getting up and down off the couch and chairs - I've had less reason to worry because Cooper is so big and muscular; I never thought about it. That is until the surgery and I was having to stop him from jumping up, down, all around constantly.

He's like having white furniture and carpet and there's a kid running around with pudding hands. :lol: All I do is chase him all day long.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts