Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still having no luck in getting Chloe to consistently eat anything except Chicken so I was thinking of adding some Ziwi Peak to her diet to make sure she is getting adequate nutrition. The price here makes my eyes water, $40 approx for a 1kg bag and $150 for the 5kg bag. Obviously the 5kg is better value but I will only be buying 1kg to start off with in case missy fussy pants turns up her nose at that too! I'm thinking Ziwi for her morning meal and alternating between Chicken, egg and then whatever I can bribe her to eat from pork/lamb/beef by mixing it with egg or yoghurt, plus 2 chicken wing segments a week. Hopefully this will be nice and balanced for her :) She's such a sweetie and no trouble at all in any other way but she is soo frustrating to try and feed well. Yesterday she gobbled down some of my mum's puppy's supermarket brand canned food while I wasn't looking (don't worry, I bought her a bag of EVO as a new puppy gift) but turned down some lovely trimmings of the beef fillet we were having for lunch - silly Chloe!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
ZiwiPeak is excellent. It's as close to the perfect food as you can get if you can't do 100% raw. I always have some on hand for traveling or to use in a pinch. I know it's expensive, but to me, it's worth every penny. Give it a try! :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I have to agree on the ZP. My girls absolutely love it and it makes me feel good feeding it to them. If I were feeding 3 big dogs I would have to consider the cost more.

Tracy made a GREAT point in a thread some time back. Given the size of our breed, EVERY bite matters. I make certain that every bite I offer them, be it food, treats or supplements is outstanding. I do not take what they consume lightly.

Sounds as if you have a wonderful, healthy plan for your two!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I used to feed one raw meal and one meal of ZiwiPeak per day- it worked out great for my dogs! With two dogs, I probably went through 1 small bag of ZiwiPeak every 4-5 weeks, if they were eating it once a day. I think it is definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try Chloe on a chicken mince liver/kidney mix tonight which is my last resort. If she doesn't eat that I will order the Ziwi. In fact I will probably just order it anyway as it will be convenient for travelling. It would be too much to ask to have 2 good eaters wouldn't it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts