Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently feed my 3 chihuahuas and my 3 bull terriers also my german shepard arden grange which is listed as a 4star food.My question is if the orijen puppy is small enough for my 9week old chihuahua and is the adult small enough for chihuahuas.I have read it is a 6star food so i am going to change if it is small enough.Any feedback on best place to purchase it in the uk/northern ireland would be appriciated.Many thanks...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rachel my puppy is 10 weeks tomorrow and she weighs 3lb 2oz so she should be fine the others would manage.Why did you stop using orijen then? and where did you buy it from?I saw it on zooplus i think i will go ahead and get it as lots on here think its great, i have read from past posts as i havent had a lot of feedback from this post:(....If anyone knows anywhere cheaper to buy in the uk it would be great to know.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Hi,

I got the origen from Zooplus. I think that was the cheapest place i could get it. I got the 400g bag to start with to make sure she liked it. I also tried taste of the wild which is also a 6 star food but workd out a bit cheaper. I started Paige on raw when i first got her (she was 7 months), but she didnt gain any weight on it, she was really thin when i got her. She has really thrieved on the TOTW and she did on orijen to. I feed all my other chis on ready made raw and am just in the process of switching her back over to raw now. But if she starts to loose weight I would not hesitate to switch her back over to TOTW or Orijen!

Hope that helps x

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered some orijen trial bags ove the Internet but it's orijen large breed puppy. It's the purple bag. Is this going to be ok for our little dogs?

Read some older threads on here who say it shouldn't be large breed bag but just puppy bag. Too many conflicting reports......HELP!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered some orijen trial bags ove the Internet but it's orijen large breed puppy. It's the purple bag. Is this going to be ok for our little dogs?

Read some older threads on here who say it shouldn't be large breed bag but just puppy bag. Too many conflicting reports......HELP!
They are not large breed its just the ordinary puppy you get.I ordered some from zooplus today with 10% off as its my first order...

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We get the goldish-yellow bag. I think it is just called puppy.

Hope really loves it! The kibbles are about the size of a flattened pea. They are fairly flat and apparently delicious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts