Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! My husband is away on business for the next 2 weeks, in Hong Kong and Israel.He always buys me new clothes on these trips because I cant find anything to fit me here in China!! The Chinese women are so tiny and I always feel like a great gallumphing giant! Anyway, he called me yesterday to say he was in a shop that had great trousers and would I like some? Of course I said yes but....the largest size they had was 14 and I am a 16! he said "well, get dieting and see if they will fit you when I get home!" So he went ahead and bought me 3 new pairs!! Now I am under great pressure to get down to a 14 in the next 2 weeks...help!! :lol: I shall be so mad if I have 3 gorgeous new pairs of trousers that dont fit me in the wardrobe :lol:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Camilla King said:
I cant find anything to fit me here in China!! The Chinese women are so tiny and I always feel like a great gallumphing giant!
:angry7: I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.. :D and I haven't even been there :D but my mother-in-law likes to buy me clothes... :wink: I have told her many times not to do this and my bf not to let her..but there is no way around it :D :roll: she started buying me THEIR SIZE LARGE :roll: it doesnt even fit my arms :lol: and when she realized it..she bought me clothes for "western" people and the shirts she got me would fit a 300lb man! :lol: :lol: I can't give up..I need to convince her not to buy me anything.. :D

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vala444 said:
Camilla King said:
I cant find anything to fit me here in China!! The Chinese women are so tiny and I always feel like a great gallumphing giant!
:angry7: I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.. :D and I haven't even been there :D but my mother-in-law likes to buy me clothes... :wink: I have told her many times not to do this and my bf not to let her..but there is no way around it :D :roll: she started buying me THEIR SIZE LARGE :roll: it doesnt even fit my arms :lol: and when she realized it..she bought me clothes for "western" people and the shirts she got me would fit a 300lb man! :lol: :lol: I can't give up..I need to convince her not to buy me anything.. :D
Its so true Vala! when we first came here I was so looking forward to buying lots of cheap clothes but nothing fits me! There are some lovely things here, but I couldnt get a leg into anything...so frustrating!! :evil:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I can imagine the pressure would be huge but I think you can do it Camilla! If you can't fit into them right away then perhaps a couple weeks later. :wave:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Camilla King said:
Its so true Vala! when we first came here I was so looking forward to buying lots of cheap clothes but nothing fits me! There are some lovely things here, but I couldnt get a leg into anything...so frustrating!! :evil:
:evil: Talk about annoying or embarrasing :oops: she came to visit and took me out shopping!!! :shock: I was soooo embarrased, she kept trying to buy me old ladies pants because they have elastic :roll: she means well tho..but that was annoying.. :lol: so now almost everytime she calls she reminds me to lose weight cause there are tons of nice clothes that are awfully cheap :D now THAT'S encouragement....!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vala444 said:
Camilla King said:
:evil: Talk about annoying or embarrasing :oops: she came to visit and took me out shopping!!! :shock: I was soooo embarrased, she kept trying to buy me old ladies pants because they have elastic :roll: she means well tho..but that was annoying.. :lol: so now almost everytime she calls she reminds me to lose weight cause there are tons of nice clothes that are awfully cheap :D now THAT'S encouragement....!

:lol: Vala somehow I just cant see you in elasticated pants... :lol: I am now trying to slim down a dress size so that the pants my husband has bought me will fit me! Hmmm....wonder if he bought a size smaller on purpose?? :roll:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
well you lost 6lbs last week! so your probably off to a good start. i always buy clothes that r too small for me. i have some trousers in my wardrobe that have never fitted me and ive had them for 2 years lol, i just buy them for motivation, after two years of not fittin tho they kinda have the opposite effect lol.
my bfs mum bought me some pjs for christmas, she heard i was dieting and then ran off to go change the size lol!, i was so relieved when the fitted me! as itd b far to embarrasing to admit they didnt!
mia
x

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny thing is though Mia, I dont think clothes sizes necessarily reflect actual weight. My sister is a size 14 but actually weighs more than me..it must be something to do with how its distributed!! I am sure I wont lose that much this week...that woud be too good to be true!!! :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
LETS ALL DO IT TOGETHER!!!!! (NOTE TO CAMILLA)

This may just be a silly stupid idea but why not have a online chihuahua people fit club!! ( to all those who have not come across "fit club", it is a TV program that has a weekly weigh in, exercise regime ect ect for the people who go on it) Anyway why not (for those who want to lose a few pounds like myself), Email me at [email protected], I will then email you a form where you tell me about yourself like your current weight ,email it back and then I will send you a set regime of exercise each week (for example this week you must have a 50 in walk, either go for a swim or to the gym once) or whatever and then a week on from your entry send me your weight after the week has past and I will post all pounds lost on to the forum!!!
I really like this idea and will be extremely happy to do this( it will give me something to do)
So if you want to get involved email me at [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts