Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have read any of my posts, you may well know that I am a clean/organizing freak. It helps that my kids are grown and out of the home but not so much that I have 3 puppies!

I imagine that all of you have nice, organized structure for all of your babies' things. I did not. I had their back up food in our hallway pantry (not walk-in) and my husband's sports drinks had crowded the bags to the bottom shelf, back corner. Their medications and such were in our bathroom closet taking up space we needed for bathroom products and our medications.

So, I cleared off a shelf in one of my guest room closets and got more bins (I love bins) and organized most of the girl's things. Their harnesses and leads are in the same green bin but in the closet by the front door and their sweaters and such are in a drawer in a dresser.

This is what I ended up with! Food, treats and medication/emergency stuff all in one little location!
Since I bought the PetFlow Groupon, I have a few more bags of ZP coming. I may have to move some other stuff off of another shelf to make room for their "inventory"...haha!

I know that this is nothing fancy and I am glad that it is behind a couple of closed doors, but I feel so in control of all of their stuff and I knew that NO ONE else would get this or care but you all and I needed to share with someone!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I have OCD, so seeing your pictures just made me very happy! :D
Seriously, if you ever come to Canada give me a call we'll get together and clean or organize something! ;)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I really need you to Please come to my house. I have no clue how to get organized. I am so envy. We are in middle of kitchen redo, Gutted down to studs, everything out and everything new. I want to badly to organize it good, I will have a walk in pantry and baking station.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awesome Karen! I am a neat freak too. I LOVE your bins and your organization. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice work! I need to organize my girls' stuff more. All their food and treats are just in a bottom cabinet in our kitchen. And there clothes, well, some are in their bag (like a diaper bag, lol) and some are in a bin in my bedroom. And their harnesses and leads are in their bag as well.

You have a lot of Ziwi! I wish I was that far stocked up! I have a lot of Fromm's kibble, lol. A lot.. but I want a stock like that of Ziwi & Stella and Chewy's!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I can not read this thread any longer, all of you unorganized people are making me itch! I want to come clean your homes! LOL! Blondie and Theresa, I'm on my way!!! :cya:

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I am jealous! I have their food, supplements, and treats in cabinet. Leashes, sweaters, and harnesses are in a plastic set of drawers. I really want a whole shelf like yours.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for not thinking that I am the looniest person you know. I'd LOVE to come organize with you!! It really makes me happy. I just giggled thinking that the part that pushed me past normal is that I actually photographed it and uploaded pictures...haha!

I have 5 bags of ZP now, 3 more on the way. When I get free shipping, coupon codes or Groupons I load up. I can only get it at one store locally and it is MUCH more expensive than I can get in online (sadly. I'd really rather buy local). It looks like a 2.2 lb. bag is just lasting me 10-12 days so I need close to 3 bags a month. I could switch now to the 11 lb. bag but that would mess with my new bin system...haha!

I bought a bag of S&C freeze-dried to try and also a small bag of the Real Meat treats.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can not read this thread any longer, all of you unorganized people are making me itch! I want to come clean your homes! LOL! Blondie and Theresa, I'm on my way!!! :cya:
HAHAHA!!!!!! That is so funny!
One friend of mine asked another if I had OCD because of how I like to clean and organize. The friend said, "Don't be ridiculous. In her world, it is not OCD, it is CDO...you know, she put the letters back in order alphabetically like they should have been in the first place"!!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oooo I love it! Looks very nice & neat!! I have a similar set up but it doesn't always stay that neat looking. :lol: I think if I had bins like yours it may make it easier?

Great job though!! :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
HAHAHA!!!!!! That is so funny!
One friend of mine asked another if I had OCD because of how I like to clean and organize. The friend said, "Don't be ridiculous. In her world, it is not OCD, it is CDO...you know, she put the letters back in order alphabetically like they should have been in the first place"!!
AHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: OMG I am rolling on the floor right now! My stomach hurts from laughing, this is hilarious! I am steeling this joke! It's funny cause it's true! Haha, good times! lol :toothy10:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Ill put the Coffee on, bake some cookies or something LOL!!!

Yes please! :p It'll probably take me a while, so just keep making cookies until I come over please. :coolwink:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm the same way as far as being neat and tidy. It's really been a struggle for me to 'overlook' the dog toys and chewies that 3 dogs can leave all over the place. I try to only pick them up at the end of the day just before bedtime, but when I get distracted (on the phone) I walk around and pick up toys while I'm talking. :confused:

Most of the time, my house looks like a day care center with really abused toys laying everywhere...But, that's the only thing that is out of place!

Their clothes have their own drawer, and all food and treats are well organized and together. They wear their collars all of the time - extras are in with their clothes - and leashes are on the bottom step of the stairs by the front door, easier to grab on the way out.

I have terrible OCD. My husband and children make fun of me all the time...They carry their drinks around with a death grip on them, because if they sit them down, I will grab them and put them in the dishwasher. It must bother them a bit that the dogs get away with making such a mess! :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
That's a great little system! I have a 'dog closet' for everybody's stuff, but I need a better way to organize the sweaters and clothes. What I think I'd really like are some of those bitty dog hangers, but I don't know how to get them without buying the dog sweaters hanging on them. :p

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That looks wonderful!! This thread makes me laugh seeing the comments. I've been in organization mode too. Turned a corner of my dining into an office hub with a bakers rack.
I have the same problem you have with all of Midgie's clothes, collars and toys and have designed a multifunctional chifferobe. I am in the process of building it and will show pics when it's complete. Can't wait.
Something about organization just brings a warm, fuzzy feelin' to your heart!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I was going to write a reply...but I think I'll go clean my closet instead! :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts