Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This made me really mad. I was on Facebook today and a lady was posting saying that she needed to rehome her two dogs if anyone was interested. They are both big dogs. One is a lab, but I can't remember what the other is. They are spayed and kennel trained. They are inside/outside dogs, and both are a year old. The reason she is getting rid of them is because her son is having twins in the fall. Her son lives about an hour away and she will be traveling too much to keep them.

To me getting a dog is a commitment for that dogs life. I'm not saying that sometimes it's not ok for people have to rehome their pets. Like if they have a baby and the child is allergic or the dog bites the kid or something that's understandable. But this isn't even the lady's kids. And there isn't even a real problem between the babies and the dogs because the babies aren't even born yet! There probably isn't even going to be a problem. This just doesn't seem like a legitimate excuse to me. It just really upsets me when people act like dogs are disposable.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right after we got Cricket from the neighbors, they moved, and left their female lab in the backyard tied up. I called the shelter. She had puppies. She actually had 12 puppies, but the shelter was only able to get 5. The 7 had crawled under the house and died. It made me mad. I'm glad we got Cricket from them.
That's terrible. I can't understand just leaving a pet. That's really just sick. Some people need to pass a test before owning a dog. At least this lady is looking for a new home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.