Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I seriously am heartbroken that I can't take this dog. I can't believe his owners are giving him away after having him for 10 years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I seriously am heartbroken that I can't take this dog. I can't believe his owners are giving him away after having him for 10 years.
Hate to play devils advocate but.. They have an autistic son, The son chases and basically torments the dog.. I can see them wanting the dog to have a better life. Sometimes life deals you a deck you are not prepared to play.. It happens unfortunately. It sounds like she really cares for the dog and loves him. I never get the giving them away for free though. She should ask for at least a donation to a charity or something.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hate to play devils advocate but.. They have an autistic son, The son chases and basically torments the dog.. I can see them wanting the dog to have a better life. Sometimes life deals you a deck you are not prepared to play.. It happens unfortunately. It sounds like she really cares for the dog and loves him. I never get the giving them away for free though. She should ask for at least a donation to a charity or something.
This is what I thought also.

My mum dated a man with a young autistic son who downright tortured her animals to the point that we don't trust her male dog with children any more, not to mention her cat wont approach anyone and skitters out of the room any time someone enters.

This woman obviously cares, she is also realistic that (we know that can be old) a lot of people see 10 as an old dog and aren't willing to pay for one. Fingers crossed a loving home finds this guy, he's adorable for sure :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
If I was closer I would take him in a HEART beat. When I get my own place I am going to adopt only dogs over 7 years old. They are so grateful.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If I were in the same situation with a 10 year old loved dog, I would find a home with references in the local area and offer to pay for his care for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
580 Posts
He looks like a sweetie!! If anyone out of state is genuinely interested and the lady of the chi approves I can chip in for shipping/gas money!!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I can't see it anymore either. I sure hope he finds a home. I always feel bad for the older dogs, because I feel as though A LOT of people just walk right by them without even giving them a second thought! :(

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
In this house there is a rule: all cats come from shelters and must be over 6 years old.

I wish we could contact them with their local rescues number.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't see it anymore either. I sure hope he finds a home. I always feel bad for the older dogs, because I feel as though A LOT of people just walk right by them without even giving them a second thought! :(
Aww it is too bad you guys can't see the link. He was a really cute guy.. If I could have more than 2 dogs here, I would have taken him.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Pfft... the dog came first. Find a new home for the kid. =P

Lmao sorry... just me being my insensitive self.. I prefer animals to humans simple as that. Humans are capable of too much evil.

Imma be the lady who keeps their baby in the garage because my chihuahua developed allergies toward it. Lol j/k j/k....

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pfft... the dog came first. Find a new home for the kid. =P

Lmao sorry... just me being my insensitive self.. I prefer animals to humans simple as that. Humans are capable of too much evil.

Imma be the lady who keeps their baby in the garage because my chihuahua developed allergies toward it. Lol j/k j/k....
I am the same way.. Honestly when I read this, I thought: you wouldn't give away your child, so why give away your dog?? I guess that makes me insensitive too. I just couldn't fathom giving up one of my dogs after having it for 10+ years.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My son is autistic also but he doesnt bother our pets and my new rescue boy adores him, i hope the dog found/finds a good home in the end

1 - 18 of 18 Posts