Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG this isn't even a dog board and listen to her thread she started! I will copy and paste. It just disgusted me cause we love our babies so much! I know not everyone feels the same way about a dog but geez why are people so harsh... I bit my tongue on this one.

Her post
I hate FRICKIN CHIHUAHUAS!

k it is 1am and then neighbors have like 4 annoying as hell chihuahuas barkin. I don't want to fall asleep to those dam dogs. Can't I just chihuanap them and take them to be ground into some sort of edible meat for some other animals? Oh I might add it sounds like there is a cat involved too. I swear I'll cut them!!!

ETA- I am not really going to hurt them or cut them. Maybe I'll just throw rocks in their direction.

A reply
hahaha sweet. I cant stand those dogs either, but so many gals here have them i always figured i'd get flamed for saying so LOL

And for the life of me, i cant remember what your old avatar was, but I know its different. now its bugging me. help! LOL

another reply
I hear ya beef! My personal believe is: If you're going to have a dog, have a DOG!! Big dog!! Never understood the use for little yippy things.

That said . . . my heart must now soften towards chihuahuas - MIL2B has TWO and they ARE her babies!!! And better yet, she was talking the other day about their delicate health and how she hopes that they don't outlive her and FIL2B because they need such special care . . .oh yeah, I said it - "DF and I will take care of them, Lynn - you know that!"

Eeeeeeeeeek!!!! Ah well, I love my MIL2B so much, I'll even put leashes on those overgrown rats and pretend they're dogs too!!! LOL!

Another reply
Our little "rat on acid" (chihuahua) thinks she's a human. Luckily, she doesn't get too yappy. She gets a tap on her butt if she tries to bark at bedtime! I like my sleep.

Another reply
Chihuahuas have ONE and only one legitimate right to exist. For some unexplained reason, they give relief to asthma sufferers. If you get asthma, get a chihuahua.

I also hate the yippy little things. When confronted by an aggressive chihuahua, I stomp my feet and bark back at it. My best friend in high school had one and that was the ritual when I went in her house...me and the dog barking at each other..then he would run off.It was pretty funny.

Another reply
We had a Cheeewowow when I was little and she didn't bark (yap) but I believe she had some sort of mix in her. She was the only Cheeewowow I've ever liked. I'm sure they're all loving dogs BUT the one's with the bulging eyes freak me out and yip, yip, yip til they are hoarse.

Another reply
I am not particularly fond of those little rodent looking dogs myself, but my daughter just loves them. So, I told her fine, she can get one as soon as I leave for Texas! lol *she will be staying here and living in the house*

Another reply
Gotta agree I hate the little things too. And barking dogs drive me nuts, thankfully my neighbors' dogs haven't been too bad *knock on wood*
I say you slip 'em some rat poison. (JOKING)

Another reply
I never wanted a chihuahua but now we have two. They are by other babies now. THe whole asthma relief theory is true. both of my DS have it and since we have had the dogs they have not had hardky any flair ups. Yes mine bark alot, definatly not while I am going to bed they would get in trouble. But its the best alarm system. If its the middle of the night and they start barking something is going

Another reply
Hey...I have a chihuahua!!!

LoL...sometimes they can be really nasty and yippy dogs...but mine is pretty good. Exept for the fact that we think shes skitso(sp?) sometimes! But shes still only a puppy. Other than that they are good dogs, I promise!

Another reply
l Like big dogs! The little ones are yappy, ankle biting rats. Grooooooooss.

My cousin's toy poodle is staying with us next weekend...I think i'm going to let it play with my bunny. Hahaha...the rabbit's going to kick the crap out of it.

ISNT THIS NUTS! Some people i wish i could just punch in the face!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Its just ignorance...they dont know what they are talking about. For some odd reason people like to talk about things they know nothing about. I have gotten into some really heated arguments defending the chihuahua breed, but I find that my efforts fall on deaf ears...its like talking to a brick wall. My dogs are smarter then some of these people...lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am personally glad that they feel like that, as who would want them to EVER own a dog as special as a chihuahua :wink:

I hope that they continue to dislike them and never ever think about getting one, then all chi's will be in a better safer place :evil:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Mr Bigs Mummy said:
I am personally glad that they feel like that, as who would want them to EVER own a dog as special as a chihuahua :wink:

I hope that they continue to dislike them and never ever think about getting one, then all chi's will be in a better safer place :evil:
AMEN!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr Bigs Mummy said:

This i agree with!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Angel5218 said:
Its just ignorance...they dont know what they are talking about. For some odd reason people like to talk about things they know nothing about. I have gotten into some really heated arguments defending the chihuahua breed, but I find that my efforts fall on deaf ears...its like talking to a brick wall. My dogs are smarter then some of these people...lol.
Totally agree! Especially the part about our dogs are smarter than some people!!

I try not to let people like that bother me - they are only showing the world how ignorant they really are.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree, people can be so ignorant :x I just got the bumper sticker that says "my chihuahua is smarter than your honor student" :p And I really think our pets can be smarter than humans at times

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
My favorite thing to do is introduce Cooper to someone that believes Chihuahuas are yippy little ankle biters. About 90 seconds after meeting Cooper, they usually change their generalized opinion and become a Cooper fan.

That's when I explain to them that ANY dog can be annoying if not trained properly and that it's the owners they should complain about, not the dog. Then I kick them. Sometimes. :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Ignorant people are those who i can not tolerate! They obviously have no clue on the breed on are so wrapped up in their own world they can not see that chi's are not always like that, i agree people have their own opinions but when comments such as slip em some rat poison - its just not funny! I try not let people bother me, mostly are positive comments but you can get the odd negative comment. People have different likes and dislikes but you don't need to go over the top, exposing words of a nature to comments like the one i quoted before, comments like that are not funny which involve harming a dog or anyother animal for that matter! :evil:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I hate that people associate such negative things with such a wonderful breed. It shows how closed-minded these people are - they obviously have never truly researched the breed!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts